//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 77 atc90 barnfind

--

77 atc90 barnfind

I bought a 1977 atc90 on a pallet that has been in storage 25 years. It’s all there with good rear fender , decent seat foam, spark on ignition but only 60 psi compression. Mostly surface rust and dust. I pull the carb and found a barnacle mess inside. I already ordered a oem carb rebuild kit but I think a new one is probably in order. Where is the best place to buy a replacement carb. Not trying to do a show quality restoration but a good collectible rider.

--
    Your best to either rebuild your factory carburetor or buy a good used rebuildable one .
    If you would like a little more power you could upgrade to a 1979-85 Atc110 carburetor .

The aftermarket new carburetors are a last resort option in my opinion , most are junk and not jetted correctly .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    A buddy of mine , actually he sold me the atc90 , just bought an ultrasonic cleaner and he said he would try and clean it.

--
    Cleaning the original is the best way to go. As for the compression, if its been sitting 25 years it could be stuck rings, put some PB blaster or whatever your preferred penetrating oil is down the cylinder and let it soak for a couple days, get it running, warning it will smoke like crazy burning that stuff out so don't panic, and after running it for a while see what the compression is then. That is if it runs, could be a sticky valve not closing all the way to, will just have to see after getting a working carb on it. But 60 psi is pretty darn low.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //