//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Using 4 snow tires to look close to original

--

Using 4 snow tires to look close to original

Anyone ever try using 4Snow tires to get the balloon tire look of the first atc90’s? How would they hold up riding in fields , gravel roads and woods?

--

Using 4 snow tires to look close to original

4snows are great for sand and snow. They are very soft rubber and light weight casings. I got a stick in mine in the sand dunes !! I’d bet you could ruin them very fast on gravel and fields. Look and the SunF brand. They make a tire identical but it’s a 6ply casing a tad heavier but hold up great. Ran them as a dual sport (sandy trails to mild rocky roads) held up well on a 350x. I eventually tore the tread up running down hard pack roads but they still held air. They do sit flatter than the 4snows so you might not get that balloon look. Also your using them on a 90 vs I used them on a 350x so maybe you’ll be fine? Just my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--
    They are made 4 SNOW! Anything else would wear the middle down, maybe they'd work well in mud too, IDK.

Hard tire to find in the winter, may wanna keep them. Lots of other great tires you can run depending on where you ride and the machine.

One of those cheap rounded 2 ply knobbys would probably work similar to the US 90 tire.

Mike at VMS would probably know of a great tire that would work well on there. You probably just want to ride, not a thousands of dollars restore job...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //