//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1986 Big Red, need new hand front brake assembly

--

1986 Big Red, need new hand front brake assembly

Just what the title says. Current one is a little cheesy looking. (it was added)I saw Dennis Kirk has a Universal one but my fear with that one is the lever is not long enough. Can't get it through Honda as one part is no longer available. I can't be the only one to have this problem!

My plan is to make this machine into a Big Green. So I thought it would look good if handlebars and brake stuff was all black...but that seems harder than I thought! Tough to get all the parts! The universal is only 25 bucks so may just get and see if it works.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

--
    I'd try to find a newer model that has a drum brake.

It's not like they change the geometry as far as how much it pulls very much.

Lots of front brake levers look too long or seem to stick out too far, but I'd prefer an OEM lever and mount over aftermarket universal stuff.

You can even look at Yamaha, Kawasaki or Suzuki... They all use 7/8ths bars and the same diameter cable end in the majority of perches/levers.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Good call. I didn't think of checking out other manufacturers. I did find one for 25 which I think will work. The universal one is too short. I think some are 6 inches long...the length of the lever on my other Big Red is 9 inches.

Thanks.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //