//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Putting things where they don't belong (a rack on my 350X)

--

Putting things where they don't belong (a rack on my 350X)

This is a small project that I just completed (basically). Quick back story. In about three weeks, I'm planning to go riding/camping with some friends. We'll be going along a river and of course through it some too. I'm don't very well in higher, triple digit heat these days. The same goes with the friend I'm planning the trip with. We plan to ride for 20-30 minutes and then sit in the river to cool off. The problem was that I want to bring the 350X, but I didn't have any way to carry anything along with me other than a backpack. That works, but isn't the most fun thing to do. I was given a broken front rack off of a Yamaha Moto4 350 years ago. So I thought "why not try to mount it up?" It isn't perfect, but it was free and it will do just fine. Plus I can add a RotoPax mount to it and carry extra gas along too. I can now carry a bigger cooler than I could easily do with a 6 pack rack. I just thought I'd throw up a picture. If anyone wants, I can post more pictures and give a little bit more info.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	819.2 KB 
ID:	267822

--
    Post up how it holds up.

I wouldn't have much faith in it just being supported by the grab bar, without it being tied into the frame in further points. There's a good bit of leverage needing to be supported by only the grab bar mounts. For turtle speeds, it'll probably be OK, but if I had a 350X and was toting a cooler, I wouldn't be going terrapin travel velocities. Shaken, not stirred.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I sure will. I don't plan to use it when I'm going very fast. Or even very often.

--
    I know that it's been a while (too long) on this thread. It's even been a while since I went on this ride, but I did finally get to test out this rack. The ride wasn't too exciting, but the rack worked great. The ride was about 100 miles long.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_1983.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	269461Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_1978.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	269462Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_1986.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	269463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_1988.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	269464Honestly it had been over a year since I rode the 350X.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    terrapin travel velocities
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //