//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Good day

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Good day

Since baseball season started in February, I have had very little time to work on anything let alone ride. Yesterday, I came across an ad that was selling a pair of 86 125m's and the price was good so I reached out to the guy with a lower counter offer and explained that I totally understand if you say "no" because I have too many other projects. He responded by accepting my offer which created a deal that I just couldn't pass up.

The seller informed me "They were both running when parked 10 years ago. I had them in storage but then moved them out and they have been sitting under a tarp for the last few years"

I paid him. He helped me load them and I brought them home.

Meet Bud and Sissy:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5562.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	267885Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5563.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	267886

Of course Sissy is the one with the rack...

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5564.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	267887

I hit them with the pressure washer and they cleaned up nice.

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5565.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	267888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5566.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	267889

After cleaning I checked toolboxes and found both had complete tool kits which is always cool to me. Kind of rare to even find them with a tool box actually...

I pushed Sissy inside to check her out. I poured a little gas in the very clean tank and VROOM on the second pull. The electric start did nothing with the battery charger hooked to it but I'll figure that out later.

Feeling like a champ, I pulled Bud inside and checked him out, Gas tank was very rough with more varnish looking coat than rust so I bypassed the tank and used my portable gas tank. Hooked the battery charger to it and nothing...

Three-five pulls on the rope with starter fluid and nothing.

Put a new plug in and on the 2nd pull he fired right up and ran like a top!!!

VERY GOOD DAY!

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Nice score! They are getting quite rare and parts are scarce.

--
    Since they are so rare, I'd have to buy one that looks like Sissy. Neither one look too bad, but the rear fenders are in better shape on Sissy. That's the only way that I'd buy a second gen 200X too.

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Good fenders are somewhat like original US90 tires-sometimes worth more than the bike itself.

--
    That's for sure!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //