//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250r rear shock

--

250r rear shock

1984 250r. I need to tighten the rear shock. What are all you guys using to get it tightened down? Every store I’ve gone to has some weird spanner wrench that doesn’t look like it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    trikes owned cuurent

1984 yamaha 225dx- stock
    1984 honda 200es big red- stock
    1983 honda 200 es big red- stock
    1984 honda 250r
    1983 honda 250r

Trikes previously owned

1984 yamaha 200
    1985 honda 200x

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    They do work, sometimes it's easier to take the shock out to adjust it because it's hard to get much of a turn on it with everything in the way. I have used a flat punch and a before I had a spanner wrench but that takes days off of your life! I bought a wrench soon after that!

--
    Take the weight off the shock/swingarm and clean the threads, then WD40 the threads and the lower end of the spring.

Loosen the top lock nut then grab the whole spring with a rag and turn it. The whole spring will spin and the adj nut will go with it...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    need help, rebuilding rear shock on 83 R. the reservoir rebound adjuster knob, balls and spring are missing along with the internal flow rate piece that the knob controls and screws into. Having ZERO luck sourcing these parts. Any advice? Can i steal the one off a 200x shock body? if so, how the heck do i even replace it. thanks in advance

--
    Send it to a suspension builder.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //