//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 85 atc250r rear shock and linkage

--

85 85 atc250r rear shock and linkage

It is in good condition with a non pitted shaft and no oil leaks and still has air in it.

It is complete with he spring and both linkage arms.

The bottoming cushion is missing but they are available new.

The damping knob and screw turn properly.

Price $225.00

--
    Hello, i was wondering i have the 84 remote resevior style rear shock that needs a new hose ,would you happen to know were i can find one as i am not sure if other years would fit! thank you

--
    LINES are nothing special. Any hydraulic shop can make them (it's just an OEM satyle brake line nothing different) Bottles anything can be used. I am pretty sure 83-84 250R didn't have an adjuster dial on the bottom. So any aluminum bottle from a honda can be used. I have extra 200x ones laying around if you just need a bottle. I do not use OEM shock lines since I like to mount the long and out of the way back by the rear grab bar.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    LINES are nothing special. Any hydraulic shop can make them (it's just an OEM satyle brake line nothing different) Bottles anything can be used. I am pretty sure 83-84 250R didn't have an adjuster dial on the bottom. So any aluminum bottle from a honda can be used. I have extra 200x ones laying around if you just need a bottle. I do not use OEM shock lines since I like to mount the long and out of the way back by the rear grab bar.
    T hank you old skool, i do have the bottle and i am going to try to make this work for the 86 350x frame, also do you know if any year 250r swing arm bolt will fit the 86 swing arm,i looked at the swing arm bearing kits and i am almost positive they listed the kit working for both 85,86 350x and 250 r ,i understand they dont make alot of parts for the 350x but damm the prices have gone hay wire,thanks again i am looking into one of the ebay swing arms!

--
    250r bolts don't work on 350x, buy 350x

--
    i got the shock years ago but after looking more the linkage is different so i did purchase a 1986 350x shock ,i paid up for it but all in all it is in good shape im just afraid im going to need a stiffer spring since back when i had this trike brand new was the year i graduated high school so im a bit heavier now,lol ,i do have a eibach spring that i bought for my 650l when i built that bike i used the 83 xl 600 frame and swinger because it had a lower seat height do to the rear set up and i bought the eibach spring for that pro link set up but it ended up the modern 650l shock was made for a passenger so i ended up with the newer 2003 swinger and shock so i may be able to use this spring which is a 14,4 kg if i recall !

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //