//ArrowChat Code

Thread: What am I doing wrong... Yamaha 200E

--

What am I doing wrong... Yamaha 200E

I inherited a 200E that had not run in some time. I drained the fuel tank, cleaned up the carb and air box, and checked out the spark plug. Now I can't get the spark plug boot back on... What am I doing wrong? I got to the point where I am marking up the top of the spark plug so I called uncle...

It seems so simple but I can figure out why it won't slip back on...

bbert77

--
    Some spark plugs have a threaded portion at the top, others have a cap which is usually removable. Make sure your new one is the same style as the old one if you changed it, or make sure your cap didn't come off if it's needed.

Examples:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copper-spark-plug.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	267947

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iridium-spark-plug.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	267948

--
    Thanks for the reply. I was tinkering with it earlier and realized it does have the end that is threaded. Im kind of reading between the lines but.. should I unscrew the terminal cap and put the boot directly on the threads?

--
    Look inside the cap. You’ll probably see that the metal ring is at an angle and now that you tried to force it on it might be bent.

Get in there with a good light and a small screwdriver or pick and try to straighten it out. Worst case you buy a new NKG boot, unscrew the coil wire from the old boot (you may have to pull a little to get the treads started) and then make sure you can see copper wire (trim a little of the old rubber as necessary) and screw the new boot on.

Oh, and the larger screw-on end of the plug is NOT used with the factory rubber cap that came with that trike, so lose it.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 07-31-2021 at 11:15 AM.
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //