//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Arthritis Remedies / Treatments?

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries

Arthritis Remedies / Treatments?

My father who is coming up on 89 years old has just gotten the absolute worst arthritis and it has gotten in the last 2 years where it is just about completely debilitating for him. Mostly in his knees and hips. He doesn't really go anywhere anymore because of the pain/process to get around and is kinda getting where he won't even go over into the shop at home anymore. It's been really hard to watch him struggle with this the last year especially. He is still fairly healthy otherwise.

He has had cortisone shots, we've tried just about every supplement and over the counter remedy there is. The CBD topical creams directly on the knees seems to help a little, but only a little. So far the only thing that seems to make noticeable difference is the handful of tylenol arthritis he is taking every day. All the other glucosamine, chondroitin, boswellia, etc don't seem to do anything, or do so little it's unnoticeable.

Anyone have any experience with any specific types of treatments, or remedies I can ask his doctor about?

--
    My grandmother swore by copper (lived past 100). She used to wear copper bracelets for her arthritis. I have no idea if it worked, but I think they sell clothing with copper nano particles embedded in the fibers now.

My dad was taking something he was prescribed (can’t remember the name). He said it took a month to kick in, but after that the pain subsided a lot and he was able to move his hands a lot better. Unfortunately it’s really hard on the liver. I’ll try to find out the name of it.
    It sucks to get old

--
    My grandfather used to sit in a hut tub (jacuzzi) twice a day early am and before bed. He use to say it worked wonders for his arthritis aches and pains. I remember at first he hated the f-in thing until he realized it worked. He was a stubborn ol' man but good to us kids. He is one man i wish was still here, but he's in a better place now.

shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 08-24-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    My grandmother swore by copper (lived past 100). She used to wear copper bracelets for her arthritis. I have no idea if it worked, but I think they sell clothing with copper nano particles embedded in the fibers now.

My dad was taking something he was prescribed (can’t remember the name). He said it took a month to kick in, but after that the pain subsided a lot and he was able to move his hands a lot better. Unfortunately it’s really hard on the liver. I’ll try to find out the name of it.
    Reckon I could fashion some out of rolled copper tubing? I'll try anything at this point to see a bit of relief for him...

--
    I think she had bracelets made of copper pennies she wore to bed. I’d try these.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Copper-Com...62106782&psc=1
    It sucks to get old

--
    That's alot of Tylenol to be eating..... Get some N-acetal systeine (an amino acid) supplements to counteract the Tylenol damage. Hospitals give NAC to people who overdose or have organ damage from Tylenol. It also has a buttload of other health benefits, including treating the damage from covid (or so they claim)

The CBD topical legal for sale in KY only works very little for me with inflammation from arthritis. Works good for hemorrhoids. They say that legal states version of CBD is much more effective than the CBD allowed for sale in weed ban states. I have had both and noticed they Cali stuff was more effective, for me, for sure the single time I used it. That's not alot of evidence for efficacy, but I thought I would share that experience anyway.

I have friends who agree with El's family and wear copper bracelets, saying it's effective. I have no experience with that.

I wonder if Epsom salt bath would help. I use Epsom whenever I break or severely sprain an ankle to get the swelling down and it works great for that

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

--
    Hydration and alieve at night before bed Billy.
    Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=78535

Patiently waiting..

--
    Stinging Nettle

It's a bush like plant that has several medicinal qualities and relieving arthritis pain/swelling is one of them.

I remember one comical, anecdotal story of some people who were walking in the countryside when a random guy walked past them and straight into a patch of stinging nettle, then commenced to wallowing around in it. I can image the looks on their faces, but the guy later explained the reason for his action. Not that diving into stinging nettle is advisable, but maybe pain replacement was what the guy was after. I believe most people grab a handful and rub it on the affected site.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //