//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Another no spark question 1985 ATC250ES

--

Another no spark question 1985 ATC250ES

This thing was running fine, turned if off and now no spark. New plug, cut ends off plug wires and made them "new", replaced CDI, coil, stator. Checked every wire with a multi meter against specs, all tested good. Cleaned connections. Cant find any damaged wires anywhere. What am I missing here? I have spent hours combing threads for info, can't figure it out.
    Last edited by catbares03; 08-27-2021 at 09:25 AM.

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Have you tested switch itself? I have seen solder connection on back of switch fail a few times. Is neutral light lit up when key is turned on?

--
    Did check ignition switch. even tried putting one on from another unit to see what happened and still no spark. Neutral light does light up, but also does not go off when I put it into gear. This is a joint project with a buddy, and he said he checked the neutral/safety switch, cleaned the connections on the right side of the crank case too. Maybe need a to try a different method of testing it? (trying not to step on toes by asking for a play by play on how he tested)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //