//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Honda 200ES Flywheel

--

Honda 200ES Flywheel

Hi to all, any info on this would be appreciated.

I recently removed my motor out of the bike. Replaced parts on the top end that did not meet specs. Got the had the valve seats redone and a new exhaust valve. New guides and seals. Cam shaft, rockers wrist pin were all in very good shape. Replaced the piston rings, the piston bore was still in good shape and honed it. Was .004 big still within the specs. Cam sprocket was in good shape along with the chain.

Assembled the top end as required with the manual TDC markings on the flywheel.
    Put the motor back in hooked everything back up. Checked for spark, good compression. All was good could not get it to fire. I have had the bike for 12 years and I have no idea of its history before that sounded like several owners. Since I have owned it I change the oil regular twice a year.

I then put a plastic rod down the spark plug hole only to find out the markings on the flywheel are 180 degrees out. Someone either installed the flywheel wrong or replaced the original flywheel with one that is not for this bike. I thought the flywheels were keyed and could only go on one direction.

Trying to get the cam lined up properly was a nightmare. Still runs a bit rough WIP.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. We were able to get it timed close by finding the compression stroke and then bolting the cam sprocket...

--
    Has anyone else every had this sort of thing happen to them???

--
    The flywheel is keyed and tapered, it will only go on one way. I may be wrong but all 200cc flywheels can interchange, I have swapped a few out with no issues.
    Sounds like your a tooth or two off on the cam sprocket if it is running.
    I had a bike come in the cam was 180 out and the cam sprocket was 180 from the cam, so it was reading correctly, that was a mess, took me awhile to figure it out.
    mrc_builds
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Thanks for the reply.. got it running a bit rough. I think you are correct about the sprocket being a tooth or two out..

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //