//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Anyone have luck with aftermarket Chinese Carburetors for 185s

--

Anyone have luck with aftermarket Chinese Carburetors for 185s

I'm in the process of restoring an '83 atc 185s, I purchased a carb rebuild kit. I tried it today and it leaks like crazy out of the two holes by the intake. Instead of trying to fix it, I was wondering if anyone has had good results from these cheap Chinese carbs on ebay and amazon.

--
    I have had good luck with the chinese carbs. I have put over 50hrs on a china pwk in my kx250 and it's great. I used a rebuild kit to replace all of the rubber in it. Don't tell anybody, but I use chinese jets too.

You have an original carb though and that will outlast the china stuff. It shouldn't leak after a rebuild. Check the needle seat and replace that if the surface that seals with your needle is scratched or messed up. I just had to buy new ninja 250 carbs because some idiot decided to drill the seat out and those don't have a rebuildable seat. Also make sure your float doesn't have holes and that your float height is reasonable.

207wheelin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I usually order the Chinese version of a 200x carb. Its jetted a little on the rich side for the stock engines I run but I'm ok with that. Have one of those carbs on my daughter's 200s engine. It has a Wiseco 10.25 to 1 piston and a 200x cam and the plug is a perfect tan color. It has performed flawlessly and needed very little adjustment out of the box. On my stock engines the plug would be a little sooty but never caused a problem. I agree with Legacy though. A good original carb is always better....if you can make it right. These carbs are old and some of them are Fubar due to being improperly maintained or hacked on.
    Good luck

--
    The PZ27 and PZ29 are both good carbs, I find 1 out of 10 are a blem, over all they work very well, I will say the mukini and Kelihn are better built cards, but they cost 10x as much.
    mrc_builds
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    OK guy, thanks for the input, for the price it's worth the try.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //