//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1984 Honda 200M Kill switch broken

--

1984 Honda 200M Kill switch broken

Hello all and thanks for this forum. I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have a broken kill switch (engine stop switch) and was looking online at a number of parts sites and it looks like it is unavailable. The plastic is actually broken so mine can't be repaired and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a kill switch that is "close" - maybe another model of ATC switch that I could replace it with? I use the kill switch a lot for slowing down the old trike (we live on the side of a mountain ) so whatever I do has to be solid.
    Thanks for any ideas / thoughts / advice.
    Bryan

--
    You may be able to use one off a newer quad as well.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    You may be able to use one off a newer quad as well.
    Thanks for the reply 350for350.
    I looked online to try to matchup a quad kill switch that could be used but no luck. Do you know how I would go about finding out what kill switches would work ??? Also, if that fails, is there somewhere to find which wires in the switch (looks like there will be wires for lights as well) are the kill switch wires and would it be possible to jury rig a basic on/off switch to the wires ? I know this is pretty rough work around but I'd like to get the trike working again. Thanks for any advice !

--
    You already have a switch for on and off unless your ignition switch doesn't work. A wiring schematic will tell you what wires go to the kill switch. You can download a repair manual at Oscarmayer.net. It will have a wiring schematic in it.

--
    Thanks for that but the key is broken off in the ignition switch (like that when I got it) maybe I should just replace the ignition switch - it's sort of a duh moment for me - .... later ... I've found and ordered an replacement ignition switch - thanks so much for this.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //