//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1986 250r axle play

--

1986 250r axle play

I recently acquired a 1986 250r and I noticed the rear brake caliper was moving so as I was looking into that issue I came to find that the axle has at least 1/2" of side to side play. It does not wobble. The axle nut wasnt loose. The bearings appear to be in great shape. It came with 2 billet carriers that I assume are ebay carriers and are unbranded. I swapped them and there is still a ton of play. I've looked through the repair manual extensively and can't find anything missing. Is this common with ebay carriers? Something else?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by lidog27 View Post
    I recently acquired a 1986 250r and I noticed the rear brake caliper was moving so as I was looking into that issue I came to find that the axle has at least 1/2" of side to side play. It does not wobble. The axle nut wasnt loose. The bearings appear to be in great shape. It came with 2 billet carriers that I assume are ebay carriers and are unbranded. I swapped them and there is still a ton of play. I've looked through the repair manual extensively and can't find anything missing. Is this common with ebay carriers? Something else?
    Pics or a vid if you don’t mind.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    It's common with 60$ carriers sometimes...

If all the right pieces are there, then I'd ask someone to measure their carrier.

Lots of Ebay stuff under the ad will say "Fits XXXXXXXXXX" but that is often very incorrect.

Can't be hard to figure out unless you already tossed your old carrier. If your chain and rotor line up without play between them I can't see it being the carrier. If the play is in between them and they are both lined up and on center, it's the carrier.

You may be able to use it with some custom made collars, won't hurt anything if done right.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Here's what I've found about some of the Ebay stuff. It says that it fits. If the part goes on, then it fits and the seller didn't lie. That doesn't make it right though.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //