//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Cleaning an exhaust pipe from a prior oil burnin' ATC110

--

Cleaning an exhaust pipe from a prior oil burnin' ATC110

Hi folks,

I added a few different 110's to the garage recently, and I was pleased to find one of them had a factory exhaust pipe in perfect condition! Of course, the reason for the perfect condition was evident in other parts of the engine like the valves and combustion chamber: it was protected from rusting by the accumulation of oily carbon...

So my question to anyone that cares is, is there a way to clean out the inside of an exhaust pipe/muffler that actually works? I'm not fond of chemicals, but I'd try some sort of a "burn clean" if there was some good way to do it (read that 'without killing myself') that would work. Maybe just something simple like throwing it into a campfire for a while?

Maybe I'm just overthinking things... it's probably not worth the trouble if I ride it for a while and let it get really hot.

Thoughts? This exhaust valve might give you an idea of what the exhaust pipe likely looks like inside...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7370.JPG   IMG_7371.JPG  
    Last edited by Rick1956; 10-25-2021 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Added picture
    I may be old, but I still enjoy the feeling
    of the earth rotating beneath my wheels

--
    couple of things you can do, build a fire and lay the exhaust in the coal bed, put a torch in one end and let it burn out the junk ( this is my go to), you can also flush it and let gas sit in it and then rinse it out, do not put flame to it after gas.
    Rebuilding and riding trikes everyday and lovin every minute.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...light=pipeline

--
    A frayed piece of cable attached to a variable speed drill and inserted into the tube can work wonders. Once you get everything up and running properly most of the remaining cr*p should burn out over time.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Or find somebody that has a steam pressure washer and clean it out that way after soaking with simple green or gas either should loosen up the carbon and the pressure washer should blow it out. But either way after you get it running and it gets hot it should burn most of it out anyways.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Great ideas! I may have to use more than one of them... time will tell.

Thanks guys!
    I may be old, but I still enjoy the feeling
    of the earth rotating beneath my wheels

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //