//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ATC125M with a trunk lid

--

ATC125M with a trunk lid

Sunday evening I picked up a 1984 ATC125M with a trunk lid. It's not pretty, but when I saw the picture that showed a trunk lid I pretty well had to buy it. The asking price was $125 and I was going to try to talk him down. When I removed the gas cap and saw a (almost) rust free gas tank, I didn't bother. Like a friend told me, I bought the gas tank and had the rest thrown in for free. After shining a flashlight inside to see better, I saw that there is the smallest amount of surface rust in the lower corners, but it's so little that I'm going to swish some fresh gas around in the tank, drain it, refill it, and run it. I'm in the habit of filling my trikes with a metal tank after each ride anyway so I'm not worried about that little bit of rust. The reason that I'm going to fix this up as a rider is that I did most of my early learning on a 1984 ATC125M so it has sentimental value to me. This will be a future project and it won't be a showroom piece, but it will be much better than it is right now. It didn't come with a key so I can't check for spark without hot wiring the ignition which I don't want to do. Right now, I have three tires, a used 84 ATC110 front fender, a Motion Pro choke cable, and a used dash with a key and the ignition switch on the way.
    A while back, there was talk of trying to 3D print the trunk lids. If anyone wants to use this one for a pattern, let me know.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1,004.4 KB 
ID:	268289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	825.1 KB 
ID:	268290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	268291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Size:	709.8 KB 
ID:	268292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.JPG 
Size:	507.2 KB 
ID:	268293

--
    It also has a couple of "farmer special" add ons. The hitch swivels up and down as well as side to side. I may keep that. I can use the trike to pull my sprayer and it may be easier to maneuver around my yard than my 250ES is. The "holder" by the foot peg looks like it will hit the left fender so I'll most likely remove it.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	10 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	268294Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	268295

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Good score 350! Lucky kid who got to grow up with electric start lol

--
    Nice find! I have an 84 110 that I first rode sometime around 1988 when it was my friends.

Somehow I ended up with 125m sprockets when ordering replacements around 15 years ago and they are different than the 110. I know I still have the front one but not sure about the rear. PM me your address if you think you can use a new front and maybe rear sprockets.

--
    Thanks guys. Although I wasn't a kid learning to ride on the 125. I was about 20. Ok, still a kid, just not a young one.

--
    Thanks guys. Although I wasn't a kid learning to ride on the 125. I was about 20. Ok, still a kid, just not a young one. I did forget to add that it also has one more piece of unobtanium, the neutral indicator.Click image for larger version. 

Size:	969.9 KB 
ID:	268319 Although the last one that I rode probably also had one, I certainly didn't notice it.

--
    I've decided to turn this into a drawn out build thread. I wasn't going to get in a hurry to get this one going, but a few days ago, I got permission from my brother and his wife to give a TRX125 to me nephew when he turns 6 (probably). He's now 3 1/2 so I have some time, but I have to get plenty of test riding done on it before I give it up. I've decided to build both the ATC and the TRX up together, posting mostly about the ATC here in this thread. There may be some side by side pictures occasionally. Today, I got in the used 84 110 front fender to replace the broken 125 fender. I usually but my tires on Ebay and I usually buy Cheng Shin knobbies for hard tails, but I could barely find any listed and none in 22x11-8, so I bought some Nanco N688 tires instead. I got them in today too. The used dash with the ignition switch and key are supposed to be in tomorrow so maybe I can test for spark soon.Click image for larger version. 

Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	268349 Apparently my fender picture must be too big since it doesn't want to upload.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //