//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Bastardizing Honda's Tank Logo

--

Bastardizing Honda's Tank Logo

One day while working in the shop I was looking at the gas tank that came on my wife's soon-to-be ATC110 I had just picked up. All of the logos and striping all over the bike were horribly done and only half stuck on anyway, so all the logo stuff would have to be redone anyway. I had just started stripping them off when the HONDA logo on the tank caught my attention... hmm... I'll bet my wife's name would fit there. Half the letters are the same anyway.

I began to dig around on the web hoping to find an actual Honda font I could download, but no. All I found were lots of logos and advertisements. Instead, I went to Photoshop and started tediously 'assembling' her name using the Honda logo on the gas tank as a starting point. After quite a while of playing I came up with with this:

I was happy with the result. It even fit into the same space with an extra letter!

I uploaded it to our Cricut cutter and got it programed to cut both pieces--the solid black background on one piece and the white separate letters on the other. I ran it off and cobbled it together quickly on my 110 using scrap pieces just to get an eye of what it's going to look like on hers. I think I'm onto something! When I get to the point of doing paint and body work, this is the plan.

Last edited by Rick1956; 10-23-2021 at 08:42 PM.
    I may be old, but I still enjoy the feeling
    of the earth rotating beneath my wheels

--
    Let's Go Brenda!
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    That is friggin awesome. Great job
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    I like it. That's a big DO IT! from me.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //