//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Help me decide!

--

Help me decide!

👋 I’ve been looking to buy my 1st 3 wheeler for about 2 years and I can’t put it off any longer. I’ve got it narrowed down to a nearly mint 1985 YTM200ERN that appears to be completely OEM. It has 1 mudflap that is scuffed up but looks like it’s lived an easy life indoors. The other is a 1985 ATC250SX that has had a complete & professional frame-off restoration. The engine/brakes, shaft have all been painted. The Honda looks very good but it concerns me that it leaves no clues about how it has been treated. I only know that whoever did the resto knew what they were doing. The Honda is at a dealer who said a man traded it in for a vintage blaster so I don’t know if anything has been done to the motor. Both are the same price & both about 4 hrs away from me in opposite directions. What should I do? Forgive for putting yami against a Honda, I know it’s a touchy subject. TIA
    Last edited by Trailerpark; 10-14-2021 at 07:28 PM.

--
    If it is a 250SX that has reverse and electric start. Many people consider it one of Hondas best all around machines. Maybe I am impartial since I own an 85 SX....

I would say if they are both same money then forget the Yamaha and go with the honda that holds its value and is easier to source stuff down the road

--
    You’re right, it’s a 250SX, my bad. Sourcing parts for sure seems to be a big pro for team red

--
    Not to mention that the Yamaha doesn't have rear suspension and it's s one year only model which makes sourcing parts for it even harder than for other Yamaha 200's.

--
    If the starting price is the same, regardless of brand, the 250SX is much more for the money.

Of brand, there's a reason why every mass produced 3 wheeler other than a Honda brings a lower price. Paying Honda prices for other trikes usually won't yield the same return and if you have to replace or repair anything, expect higher costs and more difficulty sourcing parts.

If you want anything with actual rarity and as an actual investment, the niche competition trikes like Tiger and others are the trophies to be had.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Well I didn’t buy either of these and instead am driving home with a $400 Tri moto 175. It’s in pretty good shape, but needs some adjustments. Thanks for the replies, they helped me save $1600!

--
    One good thing about those, you don't have to replace the front tire very often. They are wheelie machines form what I hear.

--
    That is why I bought it

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //