//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Mr. NeverPlea in N.C.

--

Mr. NeverPlea in N.C.

New member. Looking to put together a Atc 110 for adult use. Resurrection of some old memories would be nice too.
    Glad to be here, and glad to see a group keeping trikes alive.
    I am an old Honda sponsored ex-motocross two wheeler.
    Grew up, Atc living until 7yrs old. 7 brought the 2 wheels and shortly after began the moto sickness. Progression into the 250 and 500cc bikes were inevitable. After all of this, those little horizontal engine Atc's still draw my mind and heart back to a better day.
    Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago... walking and talking with my landlord. He wanders near an old building on his side of the line. Suddenly I could no longer focus. Two 11 inch rear tires peeking out from under a pile stuff. Just above the edge of a rear fender... a rear fender that said: A... T... C... I asked is that a whole trike? He said yes, just a 110. I said what do you want for it? He countered with the tires are no good and plastic is broke up. I kept negotiations moving by asking a slick question, something like: So, how much is it? He counters again with, It needs a lot. So I without thinking in a flash of glory and braile-ance threw another cunningly sly comment disguised as a question: So, how much do you want for it? He then immediately shut down negotiations with a quick shrug and: You can have it then.
    So being a gentleman, I thanked him severely and left the trike where it is for now.
    I travel for work. I am a few weeks from return to home. I am also midway through a trx250x complete rebuild.
    Anyway, looking to swap trike pics throughout time for parts info. These things are harder to find on the east coast. They are usually fossilized.
    Another red wing product to roam the earth: The devil can have wings, I shall build my own... -Mr. NeverPlea

--
    That's quite an introduction. Welcome to 3WW!

When you pull it out and begin work, post up some pictures of it so we can see what you are starting with.

Any idea what year it is?
    Last edited by keister; 10-25-2021 at 01:10 PM. Reason: question

--
    Nice!

I kind of did the same negotiations with a family member when I got my 200X… but I gave him $500. Nice find you got there… post up some pics when you get a chance

--
    Welcome. Good story.

--
    I would prefer a vertical engine, suspended machine. However, I will not turn down any homeless Honda. You just, try-and-say-no to those rusty droopy bars and depressed looking little knobby's... Maybe I will call it the "rescue."
    I sure will take pics, shy machines are not my type.
    Thanks for the welcome... and I will post more details, such as the year, pics, goals, as soon as we get familiar. At this point, I have not seen the entire machine. I do know, I will be soaking in all manner of fork/trippletree info. Haven't probed the archives yet. I like wheelies but not wrist jams. It is a 110, I do not have unrealistic expectations. I have other bikes for other purposes. Any ATC or tri-zinger hits my memory box and causes a little spark. Might be a stupid spark... at this point, I take what I can get with that too. (A-La: Batty from Fern Gully) Puts me to back to a time when I rode a 110 and struggled to keep pace with an adult Uncle on a TRX. I still see his face, when he would turn around and see me right behind him. Deep water crossings with huge climb outs to case slamming high tree crossings, I was determined. I was also 6-7... maybe the obstacles weren't so big after all. Either way, this is happening... man...
    Last edited by Mr. NeverPlea; 10-25-2021 at 10:24 PM.

--
    I think you'll be pleased in the long run.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //