//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 2021 Deer Season - Post'em Up!

--

2021 Deer Season - Post'em Up!

Decided to go out for this first time yesterday to see what was lurking in the woods. It was un-seasonally warm with rain and fog patches which made me question if I should even go out. Normally we're well below freezing with snow which I would have preferred over these conditions. I started out at 8:30 and slowly worked my way along a bush road sitting and rattling a couple of times with no luck. After going about 3/4 of a mile I stopped for a break at 10:00. Once done I stood up and shouldered my pack preparing to move along. I decided to take a look down the road from where I came and seen a big bodied deer silhouetted in the fog against a pine tree over 200 yards away. A quick scope look told me it was a shooter. I dropped to one knee, lined him up and took the shot. Full disclosure, I was shooting out of my league being un-rested and carrying a heavy pack in foggy conditions. I knew he was hit hard by the way his tail shot straight out but disappeared in the mist. When I got to where he should have been he jumped up and noticeably struggled to head off into the bush. I sat and had a tea and waited 20 minutes before taking up the weak blood trail in the wet leaves. He went about 75 meters and another shot put him down. I was very surprised that he was a 6x6 with beautifully colored antlers. He weighed in at 165# at the butchers and I'm guessing it'll score mid 150's.

Let's see how everyone else's seasons are going.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6x61r.jpg   6x62r.jpg   6x63r.jpg  
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    Decided to go out for this first time yesterday to see what was lurking in the woods. It was un-seasonally warm with rain and fog patches which made me question if I should even go out. Normally we're well below freezing with snow which I would have preferred over these conditions. I started out at 8:30 and slowly worked my way along a bush road sitting and rattling a couple of times with no luck. After going about 3/4 of a mile I stopped for a break at 10:00. Once done I stood up and shouldered my pack preparing to move along. I decided to take a look down the road from where I came and seen a big bodied deer silhouetted in the fog against a pine tree over 200 yards away. A quick scope look told me it was a shooter. I dropped to one knee, lined him up and took the shot. Full disclosure, I was shooting out of my league being un-rested and carrying a heavy pack in foggy conditions. I knew he was hit hard by the way his tail shot straight out but disappeared in the mist. When I got to where he should have been he jumped up and noticeably struggled to head off into the bush. I sat and had a tea and waited 20 minutes before taking up the weak blood trail in the wet leaves. He went about 75 meters and another shot put him down. I was very surprised that he was a 6x6 with beautifully colored antlers. He weighed in at 165# at the butchers and I'm guessing it'll score mid 150's.

Let's see how everyone else's seasons are going.
    Looks like you had a fun hunting season.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rettespeedup View Post
    Looks like you had a fun hunting season.
    You bet........albeit very short :-)
    Trikes
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Nice Deer!

I seem to be having issues with the pic loading from my phone

Mine's no where near as nice as yours, but the neighbors wife shot a nice 10 pointer.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Nice Deer!

Mine's no where near as nice as yours, but the neighbors wife shot a nice 10 pointer.
    Congats! Every animal is a trophy in it's own regard bud...post a picture up!
    Trikes
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Nice Deer!

Can you guys clear something up for me? Growing up I was told the Canadians counted points based on one side, i.e. cool pool shot a six pointer. I was also told that Americans counted both sides, i.e. scooters neighbor shot a buck with five points on each side.

Is this true today?
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Can you guys clear something up for me? Growing up I was told the Canadians counted points based on one side, i.e. cool pool shot a six pointer. I was also told that Americans counted both sides, i.e. scooters neighbor shot a buck with five points on each side.

Is this true today?
    And Texans count the third horn.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I don't think we'll be able to answer this question definitively El Cam. It actually seems to change how points are counted based on where you live even within one country. My Ontario, Canada relatives call mine a 12 pointer, where we say 6 x 6 out west. I think they tally the total points on each side regardless of symmetry so a 4 x 5 would be a 9 pointer. I've also heard mule deer described as a 4 pointer based one one side when they might actually have 8. IDK...my head hurts. Just say "nice deer" and move on, lol.
    Trikes
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    I don't think we'll be able to answer this question definitively El Cam. It actually seems to change how points are counted based on where you live even within one country. My Ontario, Canada relatives call mine a 12 pointer, where we say 6 x 6 out west. I think they tally the total points on each side regardless of symmetry so a 4 x 5 would be a 9 pointer. I've also heard mule deer described as a 4 pointer based one one side when they might actually have 8. IDK...my head hurts. Just say "nice deer" and move on, lol.
    Yep, nothing but controversy when it comes to critical measurements. This is why I always prefer to answer in centimeters rather than inches when I asked about such things
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //