//ArrowChat Code
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 1984 Honda 200X Rescue

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TexFest View Post
    i just remembered, that i have a whole 200x bottom end if you're looking for a case half
    Thank you.

$25 worth of parts came in...mostly stuff I lost.

The new sprocket seemed so much bigger I thought I got the wrong size. That could have destroyed the other side case.

$1235 is the total so far.

--
    Motor coming along slowly. Had to wait for $10 worth of bolts. Cleaning fasteners and zinc plating stuff is time-consuming.

Now that they have arrived, I can continue with the assembly of the top end.

Still haven't addressed the chip but will do that later.

Grand total so far is $1245.

--
    The chip has been repaired with JB Weld.

This engine stand is so versatile.....easily flipped the motor over for the repair.

I used a little releasing agent on the threads, so hopefully, it won't chip when the cover needs to be removed.

I didn't do it all "pretty," but it got painted, and since it's on the bottom, it can't be readily seen.

I'm satisfied and hoping it works.

--
    Doesn't look too bad.

--
    Picked up this headlight guard for $30 on Offerup.

I was hoping I could clean it up and get that chrome to shine, but on further examination, there's too much rust....and the chrome is gone in places replaced by paint. Either way, no big deal as I'll just paint it black to go with everything.

I always felt they looked naked without one.....just my opinion.

Grand total so far....$1275. Already in the driveway of my $1500 budget.

--
    The motors all finished up.

I had to disassemble the top end as the cam chain was binding at the bottom, but it's all timed and buttoned up tight......should be good to go.

The stand is all apart and tucked away nicely, ready for its next project, which hopefully will be never.

--
    Looks great
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    I appreciate your efforts keeping this project going and sharing it with us, The X looks amazing, I always look forward to updates on this one!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by floydechoes2000 View Post
    I appreciate your efforts keeping this project going and sharing it with us, The X looks amazing, I always look forward to updates on this one!
    Thanks guys.

Now that the motor is finished, I have to decide whether to just install the motor with everything as is.......or refinish everything and service items that need to be serviced. Everything in my being is yelling at me to just assemble things and be done with it.

There are rust spots and the like, though. It would be nice to clean things and grease things up. The axle bearings spin freely with no play whatsoever. It feels as if it's been replaced at one point........so if I decide to paint the swingarm, I probably won't remove the axle. If I have to bang the crap out of it to remove the axle, I may upset the bearings......no need for that.

207wheelin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Some car guys I know call that "Patina" Knappy. I had some of that "Patina" on the bottom if the quarter panels of an old pickup truck one time. By holding the gas and the brake for a few minutes I applied some Goodyear undercoating to it and its been fine ever since.��
    ✌��207

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 207wheelin View Post
    applied some Goodyear undercoating to it and its been fine ever since.��
    ��207
    Haha!

Saw this Goki starter for a 200X on eBay for $2500 used.

Are these going for that much?

I hope the seller gets as much as he can for it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26615977631...mis&media=COPY

--
    I've got the goki side cover and ring gear on my 350x. I understand the motors are 60 bucks. I'm trying to just get what I have into the 350x with all the extras for 1600 bucks. jim
    81 185s
    82 185s with 85 200s motor
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    81 suspended 185s (can't believe I came across 2)
    1982? 185s

--
    This is the non glamorous gross parts of a build that nobody sees, but we all do.

Against my better judgment, I decided to take things apart and get ready to paint things. I'm glad I did now.......as all the shock linkages were dry and corroded and somewhat seized. The fasteners need cleaning and degreasing and all that corrosion/rust removed. There's just a lot of gunk that's accumulated over the years that became hardened.

For now, i'm just going to clean things and paint stuff and get ready to grease all the linkages and fittings and get this working properly.

--
    Swing arm is finally cleaned up and degunked.

I'm going to stick to my initial plan and not remove the axle. There is no play or wobble or anything so why bother banging the heck out of it to get it out.

So for now i'm just going to start sanding it lightly to get it ready for painting. I'm not going to take it down to bare metal because this is not one of those builds.

But I am going to be bummed about that rusty axle...... which will stick out like a sore thumb against the new paint.

Last edited by knappyfeet; 03-14-2023 at 04:46 PM.

--
    I hear you on not getting carried away with it until it turns into a full blown restoration.

What about getting the rust off the axle, painting it, then putting some red heat shrink on it? I think that'd add a bit of pizazz and hold up better than just paint. You'd want to keep some extra of that around because it'd have to be cut off to remove the axle nuts when the bearings need replaced.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //