//ArrowChat Code
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 1984 Honda 200X Rescue

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Rear master came in....$45.

So far, $1346 spent. There's a lot to be spent on old, non-running neglected ATCs.....more than one would expect. At least to get them right. If I just started spending money willy-nilly on this thing, I could be at $3000 easy. I'm glad I purchased the tires when I did because they sure aren't $50 each anymore.

I attempted to disassemble the rear, but it was no use. The Chinese knock-off sure does look the part.

The forks do not leak at all, but I find it impossible to expect they won't after some use. If I exceeded my budget, it would be for new fork springs and a decal set....a repop of the 1984 set.

For now, i'm going to start to work on the front forks...... clean them up and put new seals, o rings, ATF, maybe a little pre loading, and new Schrader valves.

definitely easy to overspend and youve proven it doesnt have to be that way. Glad you kept going on this when the fire wasnt burning as hot. Youre almost to the fun parts.

Can we get a link to that rear master

--
    That master is Chinese copy off ebay. The cadium plating is not allowed here in the USA but the Chinese can get away with it. Its cancer causing which is why the USA government stopped it 20 years ago. I was heavily into MIL-Specs at that time due to work. There is a guy semi close to me who is reproducing a tad closer to OEM on eBay also.

I would not touch the cadium plated items and throw away to replace with stainless steel or OEM banjos if you can. That crap scares me little people know and what comes thru import.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    That master is Chinese copy off ebay. The cadium plating is not allowed here in the USA but the Chinese can get away with it. Its cancer causing which is why the USA government stopped it 20 years ago. I was heavily into MIL-Specs at that time due to work. There is a guy semi close to me who is reproducing a tad closer to OEM on eBay also.

I would not touch the cadium plated items and throw away to replace with stainless steel or OEM banjos if you can. That crap scares me little people know and what comes thru import.
    Theres a zero percent chance youre gonna get cancer from handling that master cylinder in any conventional manner. Talk about an irrational fear! If it even has cadmium which it likely does not, youd have to heat it ir grind it while inhaling the fumes or dust for there to even be a chance of harm. Aaron we get that you dont like chinese parts. You mention it at least once a month here. Most of us are going to keep using them.

--
    Probably due to my job. Constantly having to reproduce soothing they couldn't get right and caused issues / down time on machine production lines.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad Owe View Post
    Can we get a link to that rear master
    Speaking about boring 200X builds....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20426563585...mis&media=COPY

There was no reason I chose this one other than out of all the ones I was watching...... This seller was the only one to shoot me an offer (5% off).

That's how I do it.....I watch a whole bunch of things and wait for the offers. I've been watching seat covers for some time now but no offers

--
    Speaking about boring 200X builds....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20426563585...mis&media=COPY

There was no reason I chose this one other than out of all the ones I was watching...... This seller was the only one to shoot me an offer (5% off).

That's how I do it.....I watch a whole bunch of things and wait for the offers. I've been watching seat covers for some time now but no offers
    Thanks for the link. I have several 1st gen projects. I was able to buy the Wicked-X back. Wouldn't mind getting some traffic back here if these guys would unclench their cheeks. You have the best build thread on here right now.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad Owe View Post
    Thanks for the link. I have several 1st gen projects. I was able to buy the Wicked-X back. Wouldn't mind getting some traffic back here if these guys would unclench their cheeks. You have the best build thread on here right now.
    Cool you got the Wicked-X back.

--
    Holy man. I dont even know if i have any of those photos left. Thanks!!

--
    Since I'm waiting on a "cheapest of cheap" set of fork seals to come in..... I painted the skid plates.

The 200x didn't come with any installed. The swinger plate was delivered along with the sand tires but I had to purchase the engine skid plate. Aside from some scrapes and a couple of indents on the motor one they are both straight as an arrow.

I remember on my first post of this thread I said there wasn't going to be any fancy refinishing...... boy that changed.

--
    Final disassembly of the frame. The smell of old bearing grease in the neck tells me I made the right choice for painting the frame and cleaning things up.

I may get the front springs and blow the budget....I don't know. Nothing....and I mean nothing makes a greater difference in feel and handling than a fresh front end.....or performance for that matter. That means new tires, bearings, springs, fluids, etc.

Your only going to get so much out of a 200cc motor no matter what you do. I know a lot of people forget about everything except the engine and that's a mistake.

--
    Fork seals came in and the Cardinal Red base made...$11 + $40...for a grand total of $1397.

As penny pinching and cheap as I'm being it's still difficult to keep that $1500 budget.

I guess I could of if I didn't do all the extra stuff.

--
    You can buy more and part them out if you want to hit your budget or below it. However parting is about dead these days, kids don't want parts they want full machines and eBay's fees are nuts and Facebook dreamers have about $8 to their name. Craigslist has more toys then 5 years ago due to guys who really want to sell or part are tired of FB.

It's a toy, cut back on beer or cigarettes and enjoy it. There's always overtime. I have an office job and still work unlimited overtime, it's gets old but it buys toy parts!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    Facebook dreamers have about $8 to their name.
    Lol....that's funny.

I quit smoking years ago but I won't quit beer. Maybe Bud Light is on sale somewhere

TexFest is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Lol....that's funny.

I quit smoking years ago but I won't quit beer. Maybe Bud Light is on sale somewhere
    Shouldn’t be too hard to find some tranny fluid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TPC 450R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TexFest View Post
    Shouldn’t be too hard to find some tranny fluid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Distributors are giving it away.

Went to zinc plate some tidbits and nothing. Thought it was my batteries..nothing. Then hooked up the power supply to 3V...then 4V...5V....10V....nothing. New anode...nothing. I was getting a burn on the anode so I came to the conclusion that the electrolyte had to be the problem. It is milky in color and probably has plated items 2000 times or more so I figured it's fouled/ contaminated. Its been used for about 7 years now. So some new solution and some new anodes should be here in a week or two.

Going to have to dip the parts in acid again when ready to plate as they are now flash rusting

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //