//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 1984 Honda 200X Rescue

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong_10 View Post
    That looks pretty good to me, nice work.
    Thanks man.

It's got these...I guess you would call them stress lines or something.

This is one of the tank shrouds....see those lines?

I can get it shinier and prettier and even brighter but unless I really dig deep into the plastic those lines would still be present.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

--
    I'd say getting the plastics where they are after all the work you've done is commendable even with those lines there. Be proud of your efforts and run it as is. Looks good for almost 40 years old to me.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Thank you.

It sure is a time consumer!

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I agree, very commendable. Considering your goal is a low budget rider, I think they are incredible.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post

It sure is a time consumer!

That's a major understatement. Then there are the finger blisters...

As far as what that texture is called, I've called it crazing for as long as I can remember. Maybe I picked it up from high school pottery class.

Here's a Wikipedia link, and they also mention plastics.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazing

I've seen motorcycle/ATV plastics that have been garaged with very little miles/hours, and they seldom show crazing. I think it's mostly to chemical degradation from UV rays then physical stresses exasperate the visual evidence.

When it's bad enough, it can't be sanded out. That's when painting is a good option and it'll protect the plastic from further sun damage.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    If you find you need any parts I have a good bit, I picked up another 1st gen Sunday. 3 Sundays in a row I bought a 1st gen. I prob wont do a build thread on mine but its cool to still watch guys do them.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    If you find you need any parts I have a good bit, I picked up another 1st gen Sunday. 3 Sundays in a row I bought a 1st gen. I prob wont do a build thread on mine but its cool to still watch guys do them.
    Thank you.

If budget permits I would love an engine guard.......looks naked without it.

I heard PRM is back.....that would have been an option

--
    Prm is dead atc-atd on Facebook copied them. I just bought a desert grab bar for mine.

--
    Here's a video of it running.

https://youtu.be/0NMEWjoEkis

I replaced the o-ring.....the other came out like it was abs plastic. I also installed the airbox and taped up those drilled holes. It idles better, lower and doesn't hang too much after throttle but it will still die eventually.

Settings before carb rebuild...

- 115 main
    - 40 pilot (stock)
    - needle 2nd position from bottom
    - air screw don't remember.

After rebuild

- 100 main (stock)
    - 40 pilot (stock)
    - needle position middle slot (stock)
    - air screw 1 1/4 turns

Started 3rd kick from cold full choke.....some backfiring. 1 kick start when warm. I'm assuming the 115 and the needle position was done with the modification of the air box and the exhaust in mind. I'm trying to recall how it ran 15 years ago and if memory serves it ran fine…… maybe dying sometimes.

I've got a box of various jet sizes and I'm pretty confident I can get it to idle smoothly once adjusted properly so I'm going to forget about the running aspect of this project and carry on with other tasks.

With $9 spent on the o-ring my grand total so far is $730.

It would be great if the exhaust could be saved as that would save a lot of money.

Warm compression test after 10 kicks 120PSI.

--
    I keep watching this build and really want to find another X. actually found 2 and a 350x just not sure I want to do a road trip. jim
    81 185s
    82 185s with 85 200s motor
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    81 suspended 185s (can't believe I came across 2)
    1982? 185s

--
    Ain't it great that Honda still sells an air filter for those.

Have you adjusted the cam chain? Kind of sounds like it needs it.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim mac View Post
    I keep watching this build and really want to find another X. actually found 2 and a 350x just not sure I want to do a road trip. jim
    Hop in that El Camino...fill it up with ethyl and grab that 350X if anything. Actually grab the entire kit and caboodle because half of the fun is in the chase.

King...... Haven't done anything with the motor other than just trying to see if it can be kept alive. I'm pretty satisfied so far and since I've got to replace the head gasket and stuff I'll get everything tightened up and sealed up nicely.

--
    I find the best way to acquire trikes now days is just get parts. This guy has parts you show up, oh he parts for that so buy they. They he tells you this other guys had parts you become friends buy pizza beer have a man date to next guys house with parts. You trade you buy you sell, get parts. After awhile you have all the parts you need and the small stuff....just buy new on ebay done over you have a trike with out over paying for rusted junk.

--
    2 hits with a rubber mallet and it seemed to straighten the crossbar on the handlebars. Once the bars are off it will show just how much out of whack they are.

Since every fastener isn't coming off without a fight I'm letting WD40 penetrate everything overnight before removal is even attempted.

The exhaust will get an application of WD40 twice a day for 3 or 4 days....just like antibiotics. Even if the exhaust is unusable I still don't want to break off a fastener in the head trying to remove it. I do not have high hopes for it. I remember right before Christmas there was a complete stock exhaust on eBay and it went for around a $150 shipped. Something told me to jump on it at the time.

Just trying to work a section or 2 at a time.

--
    mix up acetone and trans fluid 50/50. it's suppose to work much better than wd40. jim
    81 185s
    82 185s with 85 200s motor
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    81 suspended 185s (can't believe I came across 2)
    1982? 185s

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //