//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 1984 Honda 200X Rescue

--
    When u go to remove the exhaust head studs (if u need to) run that motor till the top end is hot, grab a $3 dollar can of that spray keyboard dust off stuff, hold the can "upside down" (gets freezing cold) liberally spray the bolts one at a time then try to remove- damn thats a long sentence......
    coarse as u know they may break any way but.. well thats my 2-cents worth of info

good luck
    shep

looking good by the way.
    Last edited by Shep1970; 01-06-2022 at 09:01 PM.

--
    The crazy thing about the currently available exhausts for these are the exact same ones were half the price ten years ago.

They were barley even worth what they cost back then and certainly aren't worth it now. Many still have the same crappy paint that burns off during the first ride. There are low production volume stainless ones for other trikes that don't cost much more than the crappy old ones still being produced.

Good thing you already have a replacement.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    HREATV EXHAUST, NICE right high quality

--
    I didn't see a 200X exhaust on the site, just 350X header. Are they still making a 200X header/exhaust?

http://www.hreatv.com/index.html

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    The crazy thing about the currently available exhausts for these are the exact same ones were half the price ten years ago.

They were barley even worth what they cost back then and certainly aren't worth it now. Many still have the same crappy paint that burns off during the first ride.
    Thanks Shep & Mac..... I've never heard of those techniques. I Google search the acetone transmission fluid....they swear by it.

I was gonna do the keyboard cleaner method this morning but instead of the cleaner I was gonna use carburetor cleaner because that comes out ice cold and it was all I had….. but decided to try and unscrew them after overnight with WD40 and they both came out no problem…. one brought the stud with it.

Some of those aftermarket exhausts are cheap and it's accurate in that the paint flakes/chips/whatever off in a short period of time……… and left out in the elements it turns into what I have now.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

--
    just CALL Mike (HRE), he only list the items people buy all the time. There is no THEY with HRE. HRE is 1 person named mike who makes everything. I was over yesterday working on my stuff. Yes he has a 200x muffler systems started...if you don't call him It will be mine in a few months lol.

--
    The exhaust came apart and off........and just as I thought....stick a fork in it cause it's done.

Couldn't see all the holes till it came apart and there are more…. and the metal is really weak. Not even worth wasting acid on it. I guess if this was the only 200X exhaust system on planet earth it would be worth the old "college try"...... but no.

--
    Holy moly, there’s enough holes in that thing that there was probably a vacuum if you put your hand on the end of the exhaust pipe LOL!
    It sucks to get old

--
    I just sold a mint aluminum dg rcm. Luckily if you have a few bucks you can buy new steel ones

--
    Yeah, after dropping $300+ on one, then another $100 or so (not including shipping) to have the whole thing high temp coated.

Not worth it. Are they even true reverse cones? I thought they were just megaphones with a muffler on the end. Megaphone, then BAM, a flat wall where the muffler core starts. I haven't been able to find a single image of what they look like inside, where the pipe meets the muffler. I've had some reverse cone pipes and it's very obvious once the core is out. Some can even be seen from the outside because the muffler core diameter is the same as the reverse cone exit.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    I just sold a mint aluminum dg rcm. Luckily if you have a few bucks you can buy new steel ones
    I've got a used head pipe coming in with the heat guard in place. Looks straight and usable.

OEM stuff left neglected usually fairs better than most.

Now to get a muffler that's not an arm and a leg because some sellers think they are selling gold

--
    that's the problem with 35 to 40 year old trikes. stuff we used to throw away because replacements were easy to find and cheap is now scarce and pricy. I threw away a 200s fork assembly, now I needed a axle and it cost me 65 bucks for a used one. I would have tossed the old axle away, but got it out with minor damage to the threads, spent 23 bucks on a tap and die set to save the axle. jim
    81 185s
    82 185s with 85 200s motor
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    81 suspended 185s (can't believe I came across 2)
    1982? 185s

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim mac View Post
    that's the problem with 35 to 40 year old trikes. stuff we used to throw away because replacements were easy to find and cheap is now scarce and pricy.
    I know right?

Well bless the Chinese for these knockoffs because for $16 I have this nice looking master cylinder that looks the part. So clean looking the new MC was I rebuilt the throttle assembly.....all cleaned/greased/painted/new fasteners.....better operation. The Dupli-Color semi gloss engine paint resembles the powder coating.

Now my grand total is $746.

--
    Keep on keeping on. For a rider, it'll be nice to have when you're done.

Too bad a muffler is going to eat your lunch. Maybe buy one of those universal Chinese jobs and a little tubing and spend a day making it fit and look purdy.

It wouldn't save any money but...https://www.musketmufflers.com/produ...b7881f0a&_ss=r

At least it wouldn't be an obnoxiously loud pipe or somone's used junk.

--
    Thanks for the link

It said call for price and I got scared.

This master cylinder even has a mount for a mirror and a brake light switch.

Maybe I can get it street legal and ride it across AZ like Damon did haha!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //