//ArrowChat Code
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: 1984 Honda 200X Rescue

--
    Got the header painted today.

I personally do not like VHT exhaust paint but it was on sale at O'reilly's for $11.99 so I got it. I thought I had some Por-15 but I can't find it so for now.....it's VHT.

Previous $1572
    Paint. + $13

Total. $1585

I also used some stainless hex head fasteners with some anti-seize on the heat shield......... to give the next guy a fighting chance.

--
    Looking good Knappy
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shortline10 View Post
    Looking good Knappy
    Thank you shortline.

This muffler will be a cleanup and scratch n spray. Nothing fancy.

The header I let soak in acid...only to leave the metal pitted after soaking. This time my intention is to clean it all up...decrease and a good scrub down. Then a light sanding with a final acid wipe...then the VHT.

--
    Got some NH-24 ceramic white for the tank today.

They had the code on file.....no problem. I just had them mix me a spray can.....It will be base clear.

Don't know if I'm going to go "all out" on this tank or just do a "scratch n spray". I'm leaning towards the latter.

$1585 previous balance
    + $27 for the base

= $1612 new balance.

I've given up on my old plastics and am committed to Maiers. I need the decals and the seat cover, etc... but I'm feeling good about my new $2500 budget.

Besides all this....nothing is going on with this project. I need to find some time for this.

--
    Got the header painted today. No real progress for the last 2 months...... interest is dwindling.

I let the lower part of the muffler sit in some acid...that was it's most rusted area. The clamp was pitted bad too but it will do.

Another $18 for the gasket for a grand total of $1630. $1630 Spent and all I have are parts scattered about. I really need to start assembling things so I don't go batty...... Even if it's little by little it would make me feel better.

--
    Assembly would probably help with the lack of interest.

--
    When you have it back together, you'll have a nice stock muffler on it to enjoy.

It's so nice to ride around on something quiet, which is a little tougher anymore because a good used OE muffler is difficult to find and rather expensive.

Can you even count on both hands and feet how many butchered OE mufflers you've seen?
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Musket mufflers makes repo OEM motors for all the atc's

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    When you have it back together, you'll have a nice stock muffler on it to enjoy.

It's so nice to ride around on something quiet, which is a little tougher anymore because a good used OE muffler is difficult to find and rather expensive.

Can you even count on both hands and feet how many butchered OE mufflers you've seen?
    I'm hoping it will idle better as well.

I remember I couldn't get it to idle well (if at all) without taping up the holes someone drilled in the airbox lid. It would idle then eventually die. When I taped it up it would hold an idle. I'm hoping the stock exhaust will improve things as I know small displacement honda motors are sensitive to intake and maybe exhaust changes/modifications/etc..

350 is correct.....I'm going to start assembling things....even if it's one or 2 things as I have time for.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //