//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1984 ATC 110 Total Nut and Bolt Restoration

--

Cool 1984 ATC 110 Total Nut and Bolt Restoration

I am working on putting together some videos of a total restoration and engine top end rebuild I did on a 1984 ATC 110 not long ago.

I'll post the rest of the videos here as I get them on my youtube channel in the next couple weeks. These things are a lot smaller than I remember as a kid

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snapshot-12.jpg   Snapshot-12.jpg  
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can visit my website or youtube if you want to see more build pics and vids

www.bigfootbikesandbrews.com or youtube channel Bigfoot Bikes and Brews

--
    So far so good. I shared this on Facebook and tagged a couple of friends who are in the auto body business. The only remark that wasn't positive was that after a couple years of paint shrinkage, the 80 grit scratches may show through. 180 grit at the coarsest would be the best. One even said that he thought you could even get away with 400 grit and still get good adhesion. Other than that, they liked the video.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    So far so good. I shared this on Facebook and tagged a couple of friends who are in the auto body business. The only remark that wasn't positive was that after a couple years of paint shrinkage, the 80 grit scratches may show through. 180 grit at the coarsest would be the best. One even said that he thought you could even get away with 400 grit and still get good adhesion. Other than that, they liked the video.
    That's good information to have, especially from the pros!!!! I will do a follow up video on how the paint holds up over time. If you could, tell you buddies thanks, and say they're more than welcome to comment on the videos and rip me a new one when I'm doing something wrong

Here is part 2 of the restoration video set.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
    Looking good BigfootBikes.
    congrats on your first 400 subs
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    Looking good BigfootBikes.
    congrats on your first 400 subs
    Thanks man! I have really been enjoying watching your videos. Really learning a lot.

--
    Naaa, you got me confused with some other guy (equally good looking)
    Honestly your camera work is top notch.
    May I ask what camera you are using, is that 4k 30fps? It looks great.

I would mention as a option, you plastic welded and sanded the fenders, did you think about polishing/buffing them out
    vs painting them? You really put the work into that trike, and it shows.
    Good job.

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Naaa, you got me confused with some other guy (equally good looking)
    Honestly your camera work is top notch.
    May I ask what camera you are using, is that 4k 30fps? It looks great.

I would mention as a option, you plastic welded and sanded the fenders, did you think about polishing/buffing them out
    vs painting them? You really put the work into that trike, and it shows.
    Good job.
    I would have just buffed the plastics if it was going to be something I rode a lot. I am just going to show this bike though and maybe put it in a museum some day . My goal was to have the entire thing be one uniform looking, shiny red monster. I have a 185 I want to build and ride some day. I was planning on buffing that one .

As far as the videos, I'm not using anything special for my camera, just a 1080p 30fps Canon Vixia R700 I got on ebay used for $50. I get so much grease, overspray and welding slag flying around I don't want to ruin anything expensive I got a bunch of cheap screw on UV lens filters for it so I'm only out a few bucks any time I throw a ton of sparks at it. My drone is an old 1080p 30fps DJI Spark.

The video didn't look that great when I was starting making videos until I got a big LED light mounted to it. You can see things aren't as nice in my earlier videos. The extra light cleared everything up a ton. As far as the rest, I really crank the brightness and contrast up in my editing software to make the colors really liven up.
    Last edited by BigfootBikes; 12-07-2021 at 12:52 AM.

--
    Well, I think your doing a great job. I was talking about your videos and another creator waldo welds, both of you have a
    real knack for filming and editing. something I struggle with.
    Keep up the good work, YouTube is not fast, it grows slowly but steady everyday.
    I will tell you the first 1k subs is the hardest, took me about 9 months but I just past 1700, so I gained another 700 in just 2 months, so its a compounding thing.
    Thanks for the camera info, I use a gopro9 black I film in 4k and upload in 4k 30fps, I may need to look into some filters and
    setting thanks
    MrC.

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

--
    Well, I think your doing a great job. I was talking about your videos and another creator waldo welds, both of you have a
    real knack for filming and editing. something I struggle with.
    Keep up the good work, YouTube is not fast, it grows slowly but steady everyday.
    I will tell you the first 1k subs is the hardest, took me about 9 months but I just past 1700, so I gained another 700 in just 2 months, so its a compounding thing.
    Thanks for the camera info, I use a gopro9 black I film in 4k and upload in 4k 30fps, I may need to look into some filters and
    setting thanks
    MrC.
    Hey, I gave your channel a shout out in my video this week. It will be live tomorrow morning.

--
    Great Thanks, I will keep an eye out for it.

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

--
    Here is part 3. Its coming along!!!

--
    Here is the last part of the restoration video. Weather got awfully cold so I'm going to have to wait a bit to make some riding videos on it.

--
    Just dress up like a Yeti and ride!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    Just dress up like a Yeti and ride!
    HA! Great idea. Just ordered this!! Bigfoot riding videos INCOMING!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jack-links-adult-sasquatch-costume-update.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	360.0 KB 
ID:	268866

--
    Looks great!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //