//ArrowChat Code

Thread: My 83 Honda ACT200E project

--

My 83 Honda ACT200E project

I recently bought back my parents 1983 Honda ACT200E they bought brand new. It went from my parents to a cousin's possession for a while where it stayed in use all the way till the day I bought it. It runs well, and is in good shape overall. I do have the front rack for it but I think it is damaged beyond repair unfortunately. I am currently taking it apart to do a full restoration on it and have a few common problems such as front dampers being completely shot, but everything is currently apart and ready to get refinished. When my dad bought it he told the dealer he wanted it "street legal" (apparently that was an option here back in 83) so it has a horn, brake light (instead of just tail light) and provisions for rear view mirrors. It had a license plate on it the whole time my dad and cousin owned it, and I was able to get it registered and plates issued for it again just a few weeks ago. I don't really intend to ride it on roads, but figured it was kind of neat that I was able to get plates for it.

I would love to get new front dampers for the front forks but I know they are basically impossible to come by. If anyone has a set sitting on a shelf somewhere I would love to have them.

Anyway, here is how it sat when I got it home and after washing most of the 38 years of farm dirt off it. At this point I am almost ready to send everything out for repainting/powdercoating after getting the wheel bearings off and tires removed from the wheels.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7509.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	386.6 KB 
ID:	268772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7508.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	488.9 KB 
ID:	268773Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7504.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	464.5 KB 
ID:	268774Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7417.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	380.1 KB 
ID:	268775

--
    I think it srill looks pretty good now. It will only be better after the resto.

--
    Yeah, it is in great shape for its age and continued use. I am glad I took it all apart, there was some rust starting to form around the battery box that I am taking care of and that kind of sparked the whole "refinish everything" mentality I have now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7786.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	409.3 KB 
ID:	268819

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //