//ArrowChat Code

Thread: what parts do you stock on hand?

--

what parts do you stock on hand?

I guess this is for you builder, hoarder in all of us.
    So when you need consumable parts, do you order spares to keep on hand? I usually order 3 petcocks whenever I need 1, recoil rebuild kits, or rings for split rims, spark plugs.
    Now that the 200s axle is out, I'm putting a extra front fork assembly together with new bearings and brake shoes in the hub for the next project. So what else do people here keep on hand? jim
    81 185s
    82 185s with 85 200s motor
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    81 suspended 185s (can't believe I came across 2)
    1982? 185s

--
    Pretty much every part that needs serviced , I have thousands of parts in stock , way to much to list individually lol
    But
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    If I need one I usually get two of almost everything. My estate sale is going to be a blast.
    It sucks to get old

207wheelin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I keep carb kits, a couple complete China carbs, fuel petcocks,fuel filters, CDI's, recoil parts, tires, tubes, cables, pulse generators, light bulbs(by the case), a couple complete cylinders with pistons and rings, gasket sets. And totes full of clutches and other hard parts. I'm never more than an hour or two of wrenching away from a ride.
    My whole fleet of 4 machines all use the same parts so it makes it so easy to be prepared. Long live the Honda's!!
    Merry Christmas

--
    It'll depends on what a person has and plans to have.

As for new parts, I order a lot through Partzilla and they have a $150 minimum for free shipping. If I need $100 of parts for something else, I go ahead and see what's still available OEM for the trikes and buy another $50 or more.

There's lots of little bits that Honda may not produce anymore and that's what I focus on. Rubber parts and special bolts are what I go for first, then the more expensive engine/chasis parts. For instance, the rubber straps and plastic bushing for the center part of a 200E/ES rack. Not that I'll ever use them, but the plastic bushings for the OE 200E/ES forks. All that little stuff adds up over time and I've got a pretty good stash of small OE Honda parts.

The other things are OE air filters (just as good as aftermarket and no more expensive), handlebar grips, spark plugs (too many fake NGKs on Ebay), oil drain O-rings and even the aluminum plugs. There's some more I'm not remembering right now, but if there's a pre-ride issue, I usually have the parts to take care of it. Of course all the used parts which I clean, paint, and put back.

If a person stays organized, a large bench type cabinet or one of the bigger bottom boxes will hold a heck of a lot of spare parts. Once a person stacks these up for years, part of the issue is remembering what they've got.

For me, it's about riding and if I keep enough parts on hand, the little stuff isn't going to stop a ride.
    Last edited by ATC King; 12-25-2021 at 06:48 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Not near enough....but since I wrench on everything constantly and never ride I guess its not that big a deal lol. Ive got plenty of used parts, decent brake shoes, some cables, partial gasket kits and o-rings and spark plugs. Need a few more air filters, common seals, wheel bearings, petcocks, carb kits and stuff like that though. Next time I get a cylinder bored Im gonna have 2 done and keep enough spare parts to do a top end if needed.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    Having a very good parts bikes help a lot. If your talking new parts, back when I was flipping them I kept; plugs, cables, brake shoes, oil, air filters, grips, paint, and tires 22 and 25. I have slowed down now, mostly because I no longer focus on just the hard tails. If you stick to hard tails a good 200e and a 200s parts bikes, will set you up for most hard to find parts in the 200cc class.

MrC.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

TexFest is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    As for new parts, I order a lot through Partzilla and they have a $150 minimum for free shipping. If I need $100 of parts for something else, I go ahead and see what's still available OEM for the trikes and buy another $50 or more.
    Rocky Mountain only has a minimum of 75 for free shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TPC 450R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by TexFest View Post
    Rocky Mountain only has a minimum of 75 for free shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll check them out, but I ended up a Partzilla because they had the best deals at the time and I own multiple Honda machines that take similar parts, so most orders end up near the $150 limit anyway, even if it's just spark plugs, oil, and air filters for the year.

All of them I know of drop ship OEM parts anyway. It's not like they keep everything on their sites in their own warehouse.

--
    I currently have one spare tire and wheel, spark plugs, a few cables and I have some tanks that need refurbished as well as 22 inch inner tubes for split rims

--
    I think if you are going to do 3 wheeler's for any real length of time, you need a couple parts bikes.
    You can pick up a junk bike for around 100, the parts you can gain off of it, based on today's used parts prices, will pay for itself in a matter
    of just a few parts, may be less.
    Try to find the same model as you have, or at least the same engine size. a good 185s and a 200e will net you all the parts you need for any hard-tail with a 200cc engine.
    Of course the 250r, 350x, 250es and sx would require a matching parts bike as to what you have. I bought a clapped out non running 250es for 75 (no fenders, 3 flat tires) a real mess. I sold the seat off of it for $100
    so every other part I can use is free. Hard to beat free. I good parts bike will pay you to store it.

Just my opinion.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    If I need one I usually get two of almost everything. My estate sale is going to be a blast.
    I live by the motto 2 is 1, 1 is none.......
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    I think if you are going to do 3 wheeler's for any real length of time, you need a couple parts bikes.
    Yes, and yes.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //