//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Atc 200s rebuild

--

Atc 200s rebuild

Does anyone know of a company that i can send in my complete engine and have
    it rebuilt from top to bottom? I have a 1985 honda atc200s with low compression, 80 psi
    to be exact and i'm no mechanic.

--
    Sounds like you need a new piston and bore job along with a basic valve job. Where are you located? Typically for something like that you wouldn't tear down the bottom end unless you were looking for something. Have you ever seen it run before? Did it drive? A cold compression test could be a little misleading. Try pouring some oil in the cylinder and see if your compression test raises at all.

--
    any honda dealer, any small shop locally. Just because its a 3 wheeler does not mean a dealer today will not work on it. I know alot of guys are scared of dealers but alot of guys let pride get in their way also and end up redoing things over and over again. a mail order shop kb5 industries

--
    Thanks for the responses, i found that my intake valve was way to tight, i adjusted to spec and my compression went up to 150psi. I asked around and found a guy close to me to work on it and check it out for me.
    Runs great now..............

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //