//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Mecum ATC200ES

--

Mecum ATC200ES

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LV0122-48...-honda-atc200/

I don't spend any time looking on their site, but this listing is pretty bad/vauge.

Just have to wait and see what it sells for, but it's most certainly a rider and has a lot of things NOT going for it in the way of a prize to own. Hell, they blasted some silver spray paint on the outside of the rear wheels but didn't bother to do the inside. ShadY. They dipped the entire thing in Vaseline but didn't even bother to remove that rusty-as-hell head pipe and put some fresh paint on it. I've got a feeling those forks are locked up.

Not that I wouldn't twist it's knobs, but I certainly wouldn't pay a premium to do it. Is Mecum a crap show of an auction site?
    Last edited by ATC King; 01-15-2022 at 01:31 AM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Mecum's got a lot of motorcycles for that Vegas auction. The 200es is the only trike. Even in the collection the trike is in, all the rest are motorcycles. Of course with Mecum, if you are online bidding, you are bidding against the people that are there in person, so no hard close. (I like Ebay, because I'm a "sniper") This one isn't going to sell for 18.5 like the last one on BaT. I see BaT is has now accepted a couple of quads....I guess success with the 3 wheelers has them branching out a bit.

Speaking of the one that sold for 18.5....Guys on a Ford Mustang forum I know were watching a couple Ford pickups on BaT and surprised how high they went, so one guy wrote up this little ditty. I think it's pretty funny.BaT rap.png

--
    I slept on a couple recently. Just not motivated to make the trips, I guess. This one in Kansas sold in one day. 86 vertical engine ATC125. Still has tool kit. Original plastics. No rust or corrosion in tank. Back tires need replaced, but sounded good running. Guy was asking 1500 bucks. It was 1400 mile round trip from me, and sold before I decided if I was gonna do it.atc1.jpgatc2.jpgatc4.jpg

--
    This Yammie was in Nebraska. Not as far away as the Honda, but still an overnight trip. Under the dirt, I see a very original machine. 85 YTM200. I did get the guy to hose the trike off. Also still had original tool kit. Would have been a nice one to clean up see how nice I could make it look, then ride around at the lake. He was gonna take 1000 bucks. This one also sounded really good running....he made a couple walkaround videos. But I didn't go for this one either. I think it was about a month/5 weeks he had it listed for sale. The seat is original Yamaha under the dirt. What I liked about it is that the racks are removable without leaving any evidence they were there unlike on a Yamahauler. 200-rear.jpg200-side.jpg200-otherside.jpg

--
    Right now, it seems like the better condition trikes are selling on BAT. Ebay always seems to have some trikes, but they're more sketchy looking, the listings have fewer quality pictures, and the descriptions are lacking real detail. If it's going to be listed on an online auctions site, there should be some real work put into the listing because it's for a wider audience.

If someone wants to be lazy, just put it on C-list and have all the tire kickers waste the seller's time. One thing about C-list though, if you're a serious buyer but they see that phone number is from another state, you dang near got to convince them you're not a scammer. I've driven some serious miles to buy things and when I do it, it has gone well. Most information has been covered, condition assesed, and I usually don't even bother unless it's a price that I think is fair to start with. When I get there, if everything is as it seemed, I don't even need to haggle or bother to because I went to buy it, not kick the tires.

Those ATC125s are worth having. That's a pretty rare machine. Got to get them in the best condition possible though. I wouldn't buy one missing a bunch of parts or with really bad plastic. That one you posted looked the part, and even better is they didn't slather shiny shine-shine all over it to mask the real condition of the plastic.

About the same as far as plastic condition on the Yamaha, but at least many of the other engine parts are shared with multiple models and there's a fair bit of mixing and matching that can be done in a pinch. You're right about looking through the dirt. That's sometimes better than if someone had tried to pretty it up. At least you see how it's been sitting untouched. The rear rack on one of those is laughable though, because with any load, the front wheel would never be on the ground.

I still look at C-list and there's some deals to be had, but they're all far drives; all day type. I wouldn't mind having one of the Kawasaki hardtails. Still looking around for a good deal on one of those, but have to make some room first. I did let an ALT125 slip through my hands, and it was in pretty good condition. Having one hardtail from each of the Big 4 would be alright with me. I'd be happy with that collection. Nothing flashy, just an example of each brand.

When you mention 1,000+ mile trips, that's when I try to incorporate some type of mini vacation in, so the whole trip doesn't feel like work. There's all kinds of out of the way places and things to see just about anywhere in the US. I'm driving there anyway, so it's not like I'm going to spend much more, especially if I camp somewhere low or no cost.

The crazy thing is, sometimes the cost of fuel and food for the day is about as much as the trike I buy, especially if it's just for parts. A nice minivan sure would be a more fuel efficient trike hauler than a pickup. I've got something in the works for that and you may see me post about it soon.

--
    Does anyone know what the 200ES sold for at Mecum?

--
    Mecum makes you register with them to get results. I checked to see if classic.com had it, but they don't or they haven't got the result yet. classic.com publishes results from
    various auctions. A couple weird custom ATC70 sold at Barrett Jackson. I'm not into custom stuff at all. There is a cute little Suzuki 50 quad on bringatrailer auctioning now, and
    a couple Honda ATCs. There is a pristine little original ATC70 on Ebay if still there....I think at about $3,900 or so.
    Last edited by wyokawie; 02-01-2022 at 01:10 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //