//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 200M Front Rack?

DDQ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

200M Front Rack?

I have an 84 200M and would like a front rack for it. Before I build one, is there a rack from any other model that will bolt on? I looked at the 200M parts diagram on Partzilla but do not see a front rack, or even the rear rack, which I already have, listed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

--
    The only other model that works with 200M front rack is 1983 (only) ATC200 (non-letter). These front racks, for these two models are fairly rare and spendy ($200 - $400). Hondaline made one, as did Cambridge Metal & Plastics (CMP). There might be others, but these two I am certain about.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    I'm sure if you send it to where I work we could repo it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    The only other model that works with 200M front rack is 1983 (only) ATC200 (non-letter). These front racks, for these two models are fairly rare and spendy ($200 - $400). Hondaline made one, as did Cambridge Metal & Plastics (CMP). There might be others, but these two I am certain about.
    Thank you for the reply. I am having trouble finding pictures of the rack. Is it one of these?

--
    THIS must be it

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DDQ View Post
    THIS must be it
    None of those are for a 200M. They're either 200E/ES standard racks, or 185S/200S Hondaline or aftermarket. The one with the orange background is for an earlier rigid fork ATC.

The last one you linked an image to is a 200S, which has a very similar fork, but is narrower than the 200M. There are slots for the bolts, but I don't think they're wide enough for the 200M fork. I have that exact 200S rack and a 200M fork. I may have some time tomorrow to measure and see it it'll fit both. Regardless, you'd have a difficult time finding one for sale, they're not common.

I'f you've got a mandrel tubing bender, then you've got the other things needed and the skill to build one youself out of round tubing. If you wanted it as Honda as possible, then a modified 200E/ES rack would make that pretty simple.

Here's a picture similar to the one with the orange background, on a trike.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture067.jpg  
    Last edited by ATC King; 01-19-2022 at 09:59 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    DDQ, your first picture is of a factory 200M front rack. I've got factory front and rear racks on my 200M. See my build thread for pics.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    I have a hondaline front rack on my 200m that's chrome, I cant find another one like it, anywhere.

MrC.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    None of those are for a 200M. They're either 200E/ES standard racks, or 185S/200S Hondaline or aftermarket. The one with the orange background is for an earlier rigid fork ATC.

The last one you linked an image to is a 200S, which has a very similar fork, but is narrower than the 200M. There are slots for the bolts, but I don't think they're wide enough for the 200M fork. I have that exact 200S rack and a 200M fork. I may have some time tomorrow to measure and see it it'll fit both. Regardless, you'd have a difficult time finding one for sale, they're not common.

I'f you've got a mandrel tubing bender, then you've got the other things needed and the skill to build one youself out of round tubing. If you wanted it as Honda as possible, then a modified 200E/ES rack would make that pretty simple.

Here's a picture similar to the one with the orange background, on a trike.

Thanks for that info. I do think I can build a rack similar to the one that bolts to the fork clamp bolts with no support going to the front axle. I will give it a try.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnBoy View Post
    DDQ, your first picture is of a factory 200M front rack. I've got factory front and rear racks on my 200M. See my build thread for pics.
    Cool, thanks. Ill scroll through that thread today.

--

Are you certain it's not just the same Hondaline but for the 185S/200S? That's what they have it listed as.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (135).jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	268981

The 185S/200S forks are almost identical to the 200M, just narrower. I would think the racks would be hard to tell apart without measurments or in the factory packaging with numbers. That could hang someone up if they indeed look nearly identical but are an inch or so overall different widths.

From your thread:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...Rebuild/page11

Another one, listed for a 200M:

https://motojunk.com/used-honda-atc-...ondaline-.html

If even finding one, there's still the issue of whether or not it has all the other hardware to mount it.
    Last edited by ATC King; 01-20-2022 at 11:22 AM.

--
    Here's a video of the bike as I found it.
    https://youtu.be/Z_ZRJAd8FD4
    look close and it still has the Hondaline sticker on it. Mine has two straps and 2 bolts.
    Sorry for the video, I don't have any still photos of it at work.
    MrC
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Thanks for those pics! I think I have enough idea of what to shoot for. I have these busted up racks that I think I can get enough material off of. And of course mr hobart. I wonder if I can utilize these motor mounts which appear to have the same bolt spacing as the fork clamps.

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    Are you certain it's not just the same Hondaline but for the 185S/200S? That's what they have it listed as.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (135).jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	268981

The 185S/200S forks are almost identical to the 200M, just narrower. I would think the racks would be hard to tell apart without measurments or in the factory packaging with numbers. That could hang someone up if they indeed look nearly identical but are an inch or so overall different widths.

From your thread:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...Rebuild/page11

Another one, listed for a 200M:

https://motojunk.com/used-honda-atc-...ondaline-.html

If even finding one, there's still the issue of whether or not it has all the other hardware to mount it.
    No I'm not certain, but the 200M rack looks identical to it. Didnt realized the width difference. The hardware consists of 2 straps and uses 2 fork clamp bolts for the lower mounts.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    No I'm not certain, but the 200M rack looks identical to it. Didnt realized the width difference. The hardware consists of 2 straps and uses 2 fork clamp bolts for the lower mounts.
    Cool. Asking 'cause I know some people on here are well versed in the Hondaline products and the subject of 200M racks doesn't come up very often. The thread tittle will probably show up in future searches and I'm just trying help fill it with a little more info so it's not just low infor thread that checks a lot of the search boxes.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //