//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Factory / Plant Jobs

--

Factory / Plant Jobs

There's a new ammunition plant opening near Texarkana next year and they're hiring about 400 people.

https://www.texarkanagazette.com/new...ear-texarkana/

https://texarkanafyi.com/new-ammunit...exarkana-area/

They're hiriing positions from floor sweepers to millwrights with pay $15-$30hr, with benefits.

It'll be in Hooks, Texas, just west of Texarkana which would be the nearest large city. This is also near the Red River Army Depot, which is a large facility that employs prior military and civilians, along with contractors. Employment there is always up and down depending on the political climate, and when there's layoffs, civilians are the first to go.

There's not much of anything to do in that area for recreation or nightlife on a regular basis when compared to a large city, but within a 50-100 miles radius there's quit a few choices for weekend getaways.

Hooks, Texas is near Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana. It's a stones throw from Lake Wright Patman, and withing a 50 mile drive to places like Millwood Lake State Park in Arkansas, Red Slough Wildlife Management Area for anyone who likes bird and wildlife watching, and about 100 miles from the Ouachita National Forest in Arkansas for a slew of outdoor recreation, including ATV/OHV riding.

There's also the Northeast Texas Trail (bicycle trail) that goes from just outside of Hooks at New Boston to almost Dallas. Sections of it are still incomplete and many bridges are out, but they're making progress to complete all of it. It'll be a nice weekend bicycle experience ones it's all finished. https://bikenett.com/

There's hiking and mountain bike trails in Texarkana at Bringle Lake. Texarkana is working on improving downtown and regularly have special events, many of which are free. https://gotxk.org/calendar/

Candlebox will be playing at a small downtown venue this year. The Ark-La-Tex Challenge bicycle ride is something I done last year and plan to again this one. Threes state in one 70 mile bicycle ride. There's also a women's motorcycle rally that may be again later this year. They do have the Perot Theater (think 100yo theater) that has some shows and events. The Four States fairgrounds are in Texarkana, but there's not as much going on there as used to be. Overall, Texarkana isn't much, and crime is on up there, but there are things to do and the city is trying to head in the right dirrection.

Texas residents don't pay income tax, nor do Texarkana, Arkansas residents. Texarkana is the only exception to Arkansas residents paying income tax because it's a border city. All other Arkansans pay income tax. No grocery tax in Texas either. Vehicle registration fees in Texas is a lot more than Arkansas. Overall cost of living is pretty low in the general area.

I-30 runs through Texarkana and it's between Dallas and Little Rock. Little Rock about 150 miles and Dallas about 180. Texarkana has an airport, bus station, and Amtrack. The Amtrack station just go a grant to improve it's appearance, because it looks like a vacant, derelict craphole right now.

I don't know anything about the schools in the area. Can't help there. The whole area is very much conservative, and change moves at a slower pace compared to larger areas. Traffic isn't bad at all. Some local people complain about the traffic and I wonder if they've ever driven anywhere like LA. It's mostly just the drivers are terrible here. Once north or south of I-30, it becomes rural real quick.

I know a lot of people are wanting to move and it helps to have local information about an area that's not sugar-coated or politically charged. There's also a lot more recreational and social oportunities than someone outside the area can find just by searching the internet.

Factory and plant jobs are typically low stress, good pay, steady with regular hours, and a major part of the backbone of thie country. That modern US society has been taught to look down on such workers shows the disconnect with reality that's leading us in the wrong direction.

I don't know anything about this employer, just passing it along. Anyone with questions about the area, either where to find information or just my own thoughts and experiences, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by ATC King; 01-26-2022 at 12:41 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Sounds inviting since I'm retired and have been pondering a "retirement job". The wife and I have talked about heading west to SD or Wyoming, but no solid decisions yet.

Gonna wait until my parents pass, the we'll figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Some of the perks they offer on top of bennies.

Work Perks
    Expansion will provide several “work perks” on top of benefits such as: breakfast and lunch for full-time employees each workday, flexible time-off (within reason) for family, children & church events, automobile and home loan assistance, free membership to Planet Fitness, free weekly car wash, toast masters speaking and communications training, and Dave Ramsey Financial University. In the future we plan to implement an employee discount for products we manufacture

My kid said this will be the norm of how companies will attract the next workforce.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DAM shop View Post
    Some of the perks they offer on top of bennies.

Work Perks
    Expansion will provide several “work perks” on top of benefits such as: breakfast and lunch for full-time employees each workday, flexible time-off (within reason) for family, children & church events, automobile and home loan assistance, free membership to Planet Fitness, free weekly car wash, toast masters speaking and communications training, and Dave Ramsey Financial University. In the future we plan to implement an employee discount for products we manufacture

My kid said this will be the norm of how companies will attract the next workforce.
    Thanks for posting that. It's all in the links, but I wanted to be short as possible with the post.

"My kid said this will be the norm of how companies will attract the next workforce"

They're most certainly going to have to step up, because since the 1970's things have continually declined to the point where we are now which is wage slavery and the state gets everything you own when you go into a nursing home if a person doesn't dot all the 'I's and cross all the "T's. A big Thank You to Reagan, the deregulator.

A factory I worked at as a teenager had a cafeteria though. That was nice. Where my dad worked had free car washes, but that was because the emisions coming out of the place destroyed the paint on employee cars in the parking lot. The Planet Fitness membership is nice in more ways than one, because a person traveling on a budget can stop at any one of them and take a shower. Sleep in car, shower at gym.

Edit: I wanted to point out how important the "toast masters speaking and communications training, and Dave Ramsey Financial University" thing is. Any young person whose employer offers things like that, take advantage of them. Learning how to speak more profesionally and really understanding personal finances are two things that will advance and improve a person's life.

I know somone who took those types of classes when his employer offered them. That's money in the bank.
    Last edited by ATC King; 01-27-2022 at 09:39 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Sounds inviting since I'm retired and have been pondering a "retirement job". The wife and I have talked about heading west to SD or Wyoming, but no solid decisions yet.

Gonna wait until my parents pass, the we'll figure it out.

I'm probably going to work in Wyoming this year. Not that I haven't been there, but this will be the first extended stay. I already had an interview and just waiting to hear back. The big thing with the northern states, especially the low populated ones, is the winters. Those are a game changer for most people.

The main point I'd like to get across is to the young people to remain mobile. Stay out of debt, don't have children before marriage, don't accumulate a mass of material possessions, and travel as much a possible. Take jobs that move you to new places and explore those places before deciding where to settle. Don't just settle for the sake of it.

Then...they can work until death like a large portion of Americans that dream of retirement. Got to make those memories during youth and able bodied.
    Last edited by ATC King; 01-27-2022 at 12:48 AM.

--
    Anyone that knows of these type of large hiring events, feel free to post in this thread.

Industry type jobs usually have something for just about any experience level unless it's exclusively for production.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //