//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Spoon Feeding

--

Spoon Feeding

If I'm off about this, no doubt someone will say as much, but it seem like there's been a lot of posts by newbies where they didn't put any work into finding the answer themselves before asking some of the simplest questions.

Sometimes, experienced members will try to help, but it also seems like many aren't going to bother wasting their time spoon feeding something that may as well be a bot.

The newb will get good answers and suggestions, then just go out in left field on their own way like nothing anybody spent time to post even mattered. Then there's the ones that just about need someone to hold their hand ever step of the way even though they have access to a world of information.

Many times these people will only post when they need something then it's crickets. They seldom contribute anything and I get the feeling that some only want help so they can flip some junker.

It boggles the mind that people are so helpless and expect others to walk them through everything. Sometimes it seems like they're offended that people don't just jump to help them and in the time they're waiting for free concierge service, they could've easily found the answer on their own. The 'really, no replies' bumps after a day are...not going to gain them anything.

Fighting off the urge to reply sarcastically is tough sometimes. Is the gas on, is there gas in it, is the switch on, lets start at the top with your think melon and go from there.

I do have to congratulate the people who don't bother to post critically. There's some really dumb questions that deserve ridicule, if for nothing else, pure laziness. Bless some of the well intentioned members too, who try, but they're talking to a rock. Also, a thanks to the new members who's first post is to drop in to introduce themselves.

I'm not upset, this isn't a rant, I just wanted to get it off my fuzzy man chest. This site has become exceptionally polite to the point I'm just wondering if anyone else notices this. If anyone has eveidence AI bots are creeping around, posting bot type things, that would be informative.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    "If anyone has eveidence AI bots are"
    Hey king, you spelled evidence wrong sorry had too- well not really sorry but.........just being polite

shep

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    If I'm off about this, no doubt someone will say as much, but it seem like there's been a lot of posts by newbies where they didn't put any work into finding the answer themselves before asking some of the simplest questions.

Sometimes, experienced members will try to help, but it also seems like many aren't going to bother wasting their time spoon feeding something that may as well be a bot.

The newb will get good answers and suggestions, then just go out in left field on their own way like nothing anybody spent time to post even mattered. Then there's the ones that just about need someone to hold their hand ever step of the way even though they have access to a world of information.

Many times these people will only post when they need something then it's crickets. They seldom contribute anything and I get the feeling that some only want help so they can flip some junker.

It boggles the mind that people are so helpless and expect others to walk them through everything. Sometimes it seems like they're offended that people don't just jump to help them and in the time they're waiting for free concierge service, they could've easily found the answer on their own. The 'really, no replies' bumps after a day are...not going to gain them anything.

Fighting off the urge to reply sarcastically is tough sometimes. Is the gas on, is there gas in it, is the switch on, lets start at the top with your think melon and go from there.

I do have to congratulate the people who don't bother to post critically. There's some really dumb questions that deserve ridicule, if for nothing else, pure laziness. Bless some of the well intentioned members too, who try, but they're talking to a rock. Also, a thanks to the new members who's first post is to drop in to introduce themselves.

I'm not upset, this isn't a rant, I just wanted to get it off my fuzzy man chest. This site has become exceptionally polite to the point I'm just wondering if anyone else notices this. If anyone has eveidence AI bots are creeping around, posting bot type things, that would be informative.
    It's been that way for a loooong time, on this site and in real life.

People don't want to read a manual, people don't want to be told their wrong, don't want to do things the right way because it takes too much time, etc, etc, etc.

I gave up giving advice here for a few years. Threw a few comments into a couple of threads lately, but.....

Now in my home life if one of my friends/neighbors call me with a wrenching question my first reply to them is "Do you have a manual?" Then in response the "NO, but I just want to ask a couple questions", my response is "All of your answers are in the manual".

Problem is, what they want is for me to "stop over and look at something", which typically results in "Can you help me out ? It shouldn't take very long..." In reality what they want is for me to put in a few hours fixing their sh!t for free.

F that. I've done far too much of it in the past. My time is valuable to me. especially if You don't want to put in any effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    I kind of like the way the site is now. The drama queens are gone/banned and everyone seems to get along. The posts are way down, but at a glance it seems a lot of people are stopping in to read. Dure, there are a lot of people I’d like to see on here again, but they can’t be forced to drink the water.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    "If anyone has eveidence AI bots are"
    Hey king, you spelled evidence wrong sorry had too- well not really sorry but.........just being polite

shep

I struggle with English, always have. My American is pure merde also.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    People don't want to read a manual.
    Manuals on tape then? Maybe set to a Bieber tune?

Worst part is, many of them are free downloads now. They don't even have to pay, with no clue how hard, contributing members of society have to work to keep the lights on.

--
    I have ads on FB to machines I am parting out and ppl contact me asking why something about their machine does not work or how to fix it. If your not in front of me in my garage I am not helping anyone. If your on a forum that's different. The amount of morons out there who have entered into this BIKE LIFE BS has me really not liking the hobby I am in anymore.

My normal response is buy a OEM factory manual then I block them.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I kind of like the way the site is now. The drama queens are gone/banned and everyone seems to get along. The posts are way down, but at a glance it seems a lot of people are stopping in to read.
    There's some long time members who pop in here and there in a thread. There's always someone just off screen. I enjoy seeing the long time, low post count members, pop in for a surprise post.

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I completely agree with El Camexican. I like to read positive, factual information, not dramatized BS.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //