//ArrowChat Code

Thread: First 3 wheeler i owned here in yuma Arizona

--

First 3 wheeler i owned here in yuma Arizona

So I was born in he 80s and watched all my older cousins riding Honda ATC 3 wheelers and I fell in love obviously because I was a little tyke riding a little pedal trike lol. I’m 36 living in yuma Arizona and I already have a side by side and several quads and even a 2022 Honda adv 150 scooter lol.
    Long story short I’m a huge Honda guy even with the old b series 92-95 civic hatch. I started thinking well everyone has talons and ranchers when I go out let me get a trike now that my parents can’t give me that whole 80s 90s talk about how I’m going to die 😑🤡.

So off to Facebook market place offerup and Craigslist; luckily I found a young man who was already into restoring ATC bikes. He was 21 years old and had this particular 200x as his personal bike, even though he’s young he impressed me; knowing this bike has original ignition equipment original cables(slightly cracked lol) and original carburetor type deal I figured this was a good bike to start with. It’s a 2 owner 1984 200x numbers matching with a clean title.

So for now I took off ALL original controls put them in a box took off all original cables put them to the side and got some renthal handlebars and all new controls including master cyl from trx450r and the avs clutch and brake lever set. I got a new clutch cable and did an emergency brake delete(kept all original stuff) I found an old TCI twist throttle on eBay and ordered that along with a motion pro twist throttle cable. It had original exhaust with light surface rust that would come off just rubbing by hand, I posted it on eBay and sold it in one hour for 299.99. Then I bought a chrome dg pup new in box but a damaged box for 329. I drilled the air box added the little air inlets jumped the jet up and the bike runs real well.

Keep in mind when I ask for opinions and suggestions that I am asking not for collectors value but for personal riding, I do care very much about value but I want to enjoy the machine my main priority is using it gaining knowledge and meeting people and spreading the love of the Honda ATC.

Also I am not riding my 3 wheeler in mud or up or down hills. If anything it drives on the street more than it does offroad, and I probably ride it more than almost everyone on this forum, simply because I’m on disability and have no life lol and I have a 600hp Jaguar as a daily so I use my 3 wheeler everyday when I go to lunch…about 4500-5500 miles a year is what I’ll be seeing on this trike. So twist throttle is mandatory for me since I use this as a small commuter bike. Before you judge me life is best when you are happy and Honda makes me happy so yes I ride my 3 wheeler to restaurants daily in 115 degree heat lol

Anyways that’s just a little update about me and my bike; we are from yuma we daily street ride and light trail ride. I’m currently looking for some advice about chrome dipping parts or nickel plating/powder coating.
    I’d like to make my brake calipers triple tree and a few other parts look like chrome what’s the best way? Especially for the brake calipers what would be best?

Also carb jetting….so I have to buy a pack with a bunch of the same jet? Lol mfers

And one of my buddies says I ruined this bike, he said sell it now for 2500 while you have it apart because it will never run again bro you don’t just take carbs apart and throw original throttle cables to the side. Basically he says I’m devaluing the bike even though I’m making it look way fresher. I kinda get what he means but I put all the old parts in a box….everything I did can be undone except the exhaust lol because I sold the original on eBay for a couple hundred and out a chrome dg. What’s your guys thoughts on this should I finish personalizing it or cancel all the chrome and polished ideas?

OH HOW DO I POST PICS

--
    The devaluing is for purists only. This yours. Your bought it and are doing what you want to with it. If it is how you want it to be, then do it. As long as it's what you are wanting, then if anything, it just increases the value to you. That's how I see it.

--
    Awesome reply I agree fully, plus as I said I kept all the original stuff…wish I knew how to post pics lol

--
    This a great and all but where are the pictures?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //