//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 yamaha 225dx rear racks

--

Question 1985 yamaha 225dx rear racks

My dad bought a 1985 yamaha 225dx and he wants a rear rack for it but I can't find anything anywhere for rear racks, does anyone know of rear racks that could be modified to work with it.

--
    Depending on how involved you want to get, just about any ATV rack can be modified to work.

--
    I just bought a 225 DX, with a rear rack, not the Factory one, but it looks nice.
    it is welded to the grab bar, so if your dad wants this one, do you have the grab bar off his, even up?

--
    I just bought a 225 DX, with a rear rack, not the Factory one, but it looks nice.
    it is welded to the grab bar, so if your dad wants this one, do you have the grab bar off his, even up?
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ew-to-3-wheels

--
    If you're going to add a non-OEM rack, at least make the attempt to do it well. I wouldn't weld anything to the grab bar. Most OEM racks that were optional used something like a U clamp and could include rubber bushing to connect to the grab bar. It was necessary on some models so the rack had a pivot to tilt back to remove the fender/seat assembly.

If you're just looking for utility, I wouldn't hesitate to find a good rack from a quad to modify. No way I'd pay what most people are asking for OEM ones. The prices they're asking are out of line with the value it'd add to the trike.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //