//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1982 Honda ATC 185 cam

--

1982 Honda ATC 185 cam

How's it going guys, I might have to replace the cam in my trike and was curious would a xr, xl or ATC 200 cam fit? Would it be beneficial to run a 200 cam, and would the jetting have to be changed for running that cam? Would a performance cam be the same thing as a 200 cam?
    Thank you

--
    I just did this mod. So I ordered the cam from Rocky mountain atv, the xr 200 cam you need part number was 131179018790. Anyway if you go on the oem parts search you will find that the 82-84 200x cam part number is the same as the 185s part number so there is no performance gain. The 85+ 200x cam will not fit as the bearing size is different.

When I received the xr cam, I pulled out the caliper and measure them, the xr cam had about 1.9mm more lift than the 185s cam. The duration also looks longer by eyeballing the lobes.

I can't say how much power it added because I bored the cylinder and ported the head at the same time.

I hope this helps.

--
    I do appreciate the response, you did not need to change anything in regards to valve springs and such? Would you also have to set the lash to stock specs or go bigger/smaller?
    Thank you again

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Doesoe39 View Post
    I do appreciate the response, you did not need to change anything in regards to valve springs and such? Nope

Would you also have to set the lash to stock specs or go bigger/smaller? Stock specs

Thank you again
    I've done the same mod to a 200S
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    You will need to redo the valve clearance but that is it, no need for HD valve springs.

--
    Sounds good if the or cam I currently have does work out I will be ordering the 200 cam.
    Thanks again

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //