//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ATC 200x top end

--

ATC 200x top end

I need to get a new head and possibly a new cylinder jug. Any recommendations? Found some OEM heads on ebay. And a sight online that sells new cylinder jug and piston kits. Thanks for the help
    Last edited by oktrikefanatic; 04-29-2022 at 08:23 PM.

--
    bore OEM, take it to napa they can size it correctly. You rebuild heads, not buy new. Its safer cost more but safer.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    bore OEM, take it to napa they can size it correctly. You rebuild heads, not buy new. Its safer cost more but safer.
    They just measure the size or actually bore them. Never heard of Napa doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

--
    Napa doesnt do that (bore or measure) around here either, up here they are just clowns behind the counter. Maybe its just a Pennsylvanian thing? Napa's around here don't/won't even turn brake rotors anymore but will happily sell u new china one's.

shep

--
    We have Napa shops in pa who still do machine work. If you don't want to find a shop who does it send it to powerless outside of philly.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 6spdls1z28 View Post
    They just measure the size or actually bore them. Never heard of Napa doing that.

Our Napa's used to decades ago. Like someone else said, clowns behind the counter......
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Our Napa's used to decades ago. Like someone else said, clowns behind the counter......
    I don’t know if the napas around here ever did that. But the dudes behind the counter know their stuff more than the idiots at autozone.

[/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

--
    I googled atv repair and cylinder boring shops in ok....like every state multiple come up. Not helping more than that, sounds mean but no one handed it to me, I handed put plenty do far. Goodluck.

--
    G&H Discount ATV does good work, or at least the machine shop that works for them. I have sent them a couple jugs and they bore and hone and ship back with matching piston and rings, ready to install. They also do head work.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    A Napa shop near me did mine lasyear.
    250r rules

--
    Get a good piston. I always prefer wiseco. They are forged and actually have quality control rather than many of the cast $2 pistons out there people charge a lot for. Make sure the shop has a clue about sizing a cylinder, not just opening the hole until the piston fits. I've seen many shops that do that.

--
    A good shop will match the piston to the cylinder, you might pay a higher mark up than buying on your own, but you don't bring you own stake to Texas roadhouse either do you?

--
    There was a BRAND NEW NOS 1st gen 200X cylinder head and valve cover on Ebay about 2 weeks ago.

It only sold for 230$ give or take, I was amazed it sold so low being that so many cam journals are cooked on the 83 thru 85 ATC 200X head.

I bid on lots of NOS parts, but I typically don't do well with 1st gen 200X parts and I avoid them now, they seem like the discount sport/race trike that not allot of money gets dumped into...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //