//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Been a long time since I’ve been here! Picked up 1/4 of a 200X - new motor swaps?

--

Been a long time since I’ve been here! Picked up 1/4 of a 200X - new motor swaps?

Hey guys, it’s been a loooong time since I’ve been on this forum. Used to be a pretty regular member, but life took over. Anyway, I picked up a Polaris 90 quad today and also snagged a “roller” early 200x since the guy wanted it gone. And by roller, I mean frame, 185 motor, swingarm, shock, axle, and wheels. Quite the builder, but I wouldn’t mind having another ATC kicking around this many years later.

My question is, all these years later, has anyone figured out a motor swap out of the newer bikes or quads that fits pretty well in the X chassis? I sure wouldn’t mind a 6 speed, electric start, and a little more than 12hp. Fabrication is no problem, just wouldn’t mind saving some time if someone’s already figured this out.
    1988 Chevy Silverado 5.9L Cummins : 1986 ATC250R : 2012 Polaris RZR 570 :

98% of Americans say 'OH $#!T!!' before going into a ditch on an icy road. The other 2% are Alaskans, and they say 'Here, hold my beer and watch this!!'

--
    I seem to recall some guys saying they had installed some Chinese engines with all the bells and whistles. Try using the search feature on here and I’m guessing a bunch of threads will come up.
    It sucks to get old

--
    I looked into the Lifan/Loncins, but it seems that they’re either discontinued or not imported into the US anymore.

However, I did end up running across the CRF230F engine swap, which is exactly what I was looking for. Modern engine, 6 speed trans, electric start, 18hp, and nearly a complete bolt-in. Now, to track down some pieces!

98% of Americans say 'OH $#!T!!' before going into a ditch on an icy road. The other 2% are Alaskans, and they say 'Here, hold my beer and watch this!!'

--
    Search “wicked x” and there may be another option buried in that thread.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Crf230 is what I am doing. Sad part is never find any blown up so I'll be buying a bike for the motor

--
    I’ve noticed that already. No complete engines available anywhere. Honda doesn’t even sell a complete crate motor, which is weird.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //