//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1984 ATC 70 weak spark

--

1984 ATC 70 weak spark

So I am working on a friends atc 70. When I got it there was no spark. Played around with the point and got it running, however it wasn’t running great. Had heard good things about Malaysia CDI conversion kits so I decided to pick one up. Got it installed and had it running again. However I quickly found out that it was running very rich. Played around with needle settings on the carb and had the needle dropped all the way down as far as it would go and was still fouling plugs. Noticed that the spark is very weak. It is barely visible with the lights on. If i turn out the lights and try it I can see consistent blue spark but it is not nearly as bright as it should be. Have exhausted almost every option I can think of. Have played with the CDI ground and grounded it right on the case with no improvement. I have bypassed the neutral safety switch, have swapped ignition coil and no improvement. The flywheel is nice and clean, no rust. Nothing makes sense. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated because I am at the end of my wits with this thing

--
    Check the strength of the magnets on the flywheel . I’ve seen them weak and if their broken it will affect the spark .
    I’ve also installed a few of those conversion CDI kits , they seem to be hit or miss on the quality .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    The best I can tell, the magnets are good on the flywheel. It has a strong attraction when I stick anything metal near it. And it is very clean and smooth. I have contacted the company that manufactures the kit but have not heard back yet. Unsure of how to properly test the stator or cdi box

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //