//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 350x Case Saver

--

350x Case Saver

Trying to find a 350x case saver.. I noticed one company was making them but they are "back ordered" Anyone know where I can pick one up? Or anyone have one they're willing to part with..? Thanks!

--
    Drw case savers

--

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    The only thing I don't like about those is they're 3D printed plastic.. I was looking for a metal one

--
    I'm not sure that it is printed plastic. The description mentions both cutting and machining these. I didn't see any mention of 3D printing. It does look like it's been printed, but a plastic case saver doesn't really make much sense. I also saw where they claim that there's over 1000 in use and have had no failures. That sounds more like aluminum than plastic to me.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    I'm not sure that it is printed plastic. The description mentions both cutting and machining these. I didn't see any mention of 3D printing. It does look like it's been printed, but a plastic case saver doesn't really make much sense. I also saw where they claim that there's over 1000 in use and have had no failures. That sounds more like aluminum than plastic to me.
    I thought the exact same thing when I read the description of it and even with the pictures I thought the marks on it might be machining marks, but sadly I bought it and recieved it a few days ago and it is 3D printed plastic. In the process of asking them for a refund currently.. I love the design of it, it covers literally the entire edge of the case but being plastic I just can't see it holding up in the long run

--
    its machined uhmw........I've run them for years. nothing breaks. I know its uhmw because I milled one down to fit a 300ex motor over at HRE one day. However if you want a different one, send it to me i will reverse engineer it and have it made from delrin. I am producing 200x chain guides this week in delrin

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    its machined uhmw........I've run them for years. nothing breaks. I know its uhmw because I milled one down to fit a 300ex motor over at HRE one day. However if you want a different one, send it to me i will reverse engineer it and have it made from delrin. I am producing 200x chain guides this week in delrin
    Would you be able to reverse engineer it and make it out of Aluminum if I sent it to you along with a thick enouhh bar stock of Aluminum?

--
    Yep...it's gonna cost ........... engineering time $100 an hour as nothings free. we have material here, no point sending a block thru the mail to try and save $2

--
    I have some in stock if you are interested in a metal one still.
    R.I.P. Sandpuppie, you are greatly missed!
    May you rest in peace Jeswinehart, deeply missed, never forgotten....
    Feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ight=tapper190

--
    I just designed 200x plastic swing-arm chain guards. You have no idea much much time and money I've eating to be able to provide something long over due for people. I wanted one myself. This is how many products get made and I would fully support someone else's product before redoing one. I think you're caught up on metal being better, but once the chain fly's off metal does not soften the blow. UHMW will. Its your money however not mine.

--
    I would not be worried about the plastic part. UHMW is extremely tough and will absorb better than aluminum will. What I have seen with the aluminum case savers is that they break the cases where the bolts go that hold the case saver.

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The UHMW case savers are fantastic and help absorb energy that usually breaks the cases when using metal case savers. Just my two cents.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //