//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1984 Honda atc200es big red clutch kit

--

1984 Honda atc200es big red clutch kit

Hows it going guys, I am going to have to replace the clutch on my 200es. What clutch will fit a 200es, what brand would you guys recommend? I have done a clutch replacement on a xr185 and ran ebc clutch kit but cannot find one for the trike. If anyone can point me in the right direction for a decent kit please let me know.
    Thank you for your time
    Joe

--
    The clutch slips when trying to take off bad and when getting into higher gears it starts to "slow down". I have read somewhere that there is 2 different type of clutches one shoe style and ones in the basket. Based on what it is doing what clutches do you guys think need to be replaced? If it is clutches would clutches from any other honda fit it like off a 1980s xr200 or would they have to be trike specific?
    Thanks again
    Last edited by Doesoe39; 05-25-2022 at 11:04 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Doesoe39 View Post
    The clutch slips when trying to take off bad and when getting into higher gears it starts to "slow down". I have read somewhere that there is 2 different type of clutches one shoe style and ones in the basket. Based on what it is doing what clutches do you guys think need to be replaced? If it is clutches would clutches from any other honda fit it like off a 1980s xr200 or would they have to be trike specific?
    Thanks again
    Clutch plates from the XR200 fit the 200ES, I have used non OEM XR plates in all my 200 Big Reds as they are cheap and easily obtainable where I am.
    1984 Honda ATC200ES BIG RED x6

1983 Honda ATC200E BIG RED x3

1984 Honda ATC70 LITTLE RED

1983 Honda ATC185S(200E engine)

1984 Honda ATC200X

1985 ATC 70

1983 ATC 70

--
    you have 2 clutches,
    1. take off clutch - consist of 3 shoes riding inside a bell, these can be hard to find but do pop up on ebay, Shindy makes a good set, some say you have to file fit them.
    2. primary clutch, it consist of a pack of clutch disc and a few small coil springs. ebc, verch both make good kits both can be found on amazon.
    you will want the clutch socket

https://amzn.to/3PKymoP
    https://amzn.to/3wQGuNb
    tool- https://amzn.to/3t0zDOF
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    While you're in there, the centrifugal oil cleaner needs...cleaned. You'll have to remove it anyway to replace any of the clutch parts. Get the gasket for that. There'll be a lock tab that's bent to prevent the nut from backing off and it'd be best to have a new one ready. It's a risk to reuses those because if the tab breaks off it could float around in the engine and cause damage.

There's also the oil pump pickup screen that needs removed and cleaned. They are typically fine to reuse but if you want to be one and done, you could have one in hand just in case.

That is all just regular maintenance that should be done, but since you'll be in there for the clutch, may as well take care of all of it and not have to touch anything for a while. You can find all that information in the manual, which are available for free online.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //