//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 88 TRX300 Frame Ground location??

--

88 TRX300 Frame Ground location??

1988 TRX300FW... Anyone know where the two green wires in the wiring diagram get bonded to the frame on this model? Been looking all over and can't find it. On the ATC's they always did it on the spark coil mounting screw, but i'm not finding it on this so I am guessing its not as obvious. Only getting 6v at the headlight and taillight locations but if I check the brown wire at the taillight or the white and blue at the headlight to the battery with a meter I get 12.9v, but across the brown and green at the taillight I get 4.8v, and at the headlight connections I get the same, so it appears the frame ground is bad. I clipped a jumper lead from the battery negative terminal to the green wire at the taillight connection and now all the lights work and at full brightness. Just can't find the frame ground so I can fix that instead of some other jenky fix. Looks like the previous owner had a scrap of wire with a male bullet connector from the battery negative terminal plugged into the taillight ground to ground the rest of the system, which makes sense looking at the wiring diagram. Was trying to figure out today why the taillight wasn't working and discovered this.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    Found the two grounds, previous owner must have replaced the coil and left them hanging and tucked under the wiring harness. That's why they werent on the coil mounting screw, reattached them to the frame with the coil screw after cleaning everything, still low voltage at the taillight, but now the headlights work.... Still more to look for i guess. Not sure why the taillight would have a bad ground but everything else is good now. Must be a splice somewhere thats bad?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //