//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Ryan Dailey AKA "TheRealFatShady" has passed away at 30yo.

--

Ryan Dailey AKA "TheRealFatShady" has passed away at 30yo.

I believe that was his user name on here, may not be the exact name. He was local to me in Worcester MA.

I'm sure some of you remember him, he was always trying to do things with the 250ES and he had acquired allot of important custom parts. I set up a 350X frame for him to run a TRX450R swingarm/rear end and gusseted the frame, and did a ton of other work for him as well but he wasn't able to get too much together. We had big plans as he was finally getting to a point where he could get one together with a big bore kit and other goodies. He had multiple projects with just about every part ready to go, big bores, custom suspension, bored out carburetors amongst other things.

Last fall when he was gone for a weekend his father decided he would scrap some "junk" and the prick took all kinds of his ATC parts to the scrapyard. He got next to nothing for rare custom parts, such as a CR480 swingarm modified for an ATC and a zillion other parts worth thousands. Said he didn't know but we both felt otherwise, that really hurt Ryan but we already started on some more stuff.

That was bad enough. Then his lifelong best friend Nick passed away in the past year and that devastated him.

I went to see him back in March and he was in good spirits but I could tell he was very affected by the loss of his friend. He ended up getting a very bad skin condition about 2 months ago and had no health insurance. He wasn't getting any help at the ER they made him an appointment with a dermatologist for May 11th. In late April I called to check on him and he was in allot of pain and couldn't make any money because just moving around caused his skin to crack and bleed, he was in some serious pain. I learned he was basically bed ridden so I sent him some funds to get himself some cream for his skin, that was the only way he could get any relief and be able to move. But, the deal I made was that he was to go back to the ER as soon as he could move around. I stayed on him like my Mom stays on me because I knew he didn't want to go, he'd rather wait for the appointment. He had called me a few times the days after, he was so thankful that he was able to get some cream, no one else bothered to check on him or help him get any relief.

I had just spent 6 solid weeks with 1 day off restoring an apartment and couldn't really read texts or answer any calls but I had been thinking about him. I finished my job 3 days ago and realized that he never replied to my last texts, I'm assuming he never went back to the ER. I had a bad feeling and the first day I was home I typed his name in Google, and sure enough it auto completed his name to an obituary - he passed on May 4th at 30 years old.

IDK what truly happened, at the time he sent me pictures and I tried to look up what he may have had going on with his skin, but I'm no doctor. I spent some time doing further research and I'm wondering now if he possibly had toxic shock syndrome. The more I read and looked at pictures it seemed like it was a possibility. I'm not friendly with his Dad and his brother treated him terribly as well so I'll probably never get the truth.

Ryan was a good solid friend, honest and trustworthy and he loved custom trikes. Ryan had a couple of Pitbulls he raised from pups and he had just rescued some kittens the night I drove up to see him, he was constantly rescuing animals and always had a home and food for them; He even had names for the skunks and raccoons that would get stuck in his 'Have a heart' trap. It bothered me that his own family was so lousy to him, some of us don't know what that's like. We had plans to get one build completely done and keep it at my house so he'd know it was safe.

Long post for a death, but I hate losing members without anything to help us with any closure. https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ry?id=34667525
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    So sorry to hear about this Steve. Thank you for sharing some of your memories. May he Rest In Peace.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Sorry for your loss, buddy. Sounds like a genuinely nice guy.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

--
    His screen name sounds familiar, but I don't remember any of his posts. I'm sorry you lost a friend Dirtcrasher.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    So sorry Steve, man that sucks.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Too young.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Sorry for your loss DC.

I do recognize the screen name. May he rest in peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Sigh

I don’t know what I could have done but maybe I could have made some calls, sorry to hear DC

--
    Thanks so much everyone, means allot to me; I had to let people know who he was. I've often said there are levels of friendship and one I call a "wallet friend". That's someone you can leave with your wallet, alone in your truck, or near a stack of cash and you know they'd never consider touching it. Seems sad to say that's a rare thing to find these days but that was Ryan. I was never good at charging him any money, that's how I met him when he wanted some work done. But he was such a likeable guy that all of a sudden 8 hours went by and I didn't want any compensation, I was just happy to see him. I wanted so badly to get just one build done for him, especially after he lost his life long best friend last year. Sometimes it seems like we spend allot of time "preparing" for our future or towards reaching goals but that's the easy part, actually getting things completed is often far more difficult. Like the "20 Day Build" I did back around 2008, that took allot of commitment...

I know I can't and I know I shouldn't but I've been beating myself up lately that instead of just sending him money I should have just driven out there and dragged him to the damn hospital. Thing is, I wasn't aware that it had gotten so bad that he couldn't even work. And I didn't know that no one was helping him, he was just waiting for that May 11th appointment and I was buried in an apartment rebuild after already having 2 empties. IDK if the hospital took the time to look at whatever he had going on seriously enough the first time he went in. I'm sure it's been hard for them too after the Covid debacle and with so many people coming in with no insurance or looking for drugs, I don't know how they perceived him. By the time I tried to help he had been approved for Mass Health but I couldn't get him to go back and I feel like I did the easy thing instead of taking the time to help. Nothing is more important in this world than to give someone your time, it's one of the only things you can share selflessly. It's over and nothing will change what's happened, I looked at him as an equal but knowing in reality that he was just a 30yo kid is allot harder to swallow...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I'm very sorry to hear this Steve. It sounds like you were a great friend to him. It's hard to not feel guilty when we lose friends.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear this Steve. It sounds like you were a great friend to him. It's hard to not feel guilty when we lose friends.
    Especially when you think of what you "could" have done, thank you Joe.

What's become even worse is someone? is now selling his parts on Ebay, I don't know who it is but I recognize his parts (I worked on or modified many of them) and in one picture there's an empty bed frame. I'm pretty sure anyone can imagine what that makes me think of because they found him there. It's probably his same chitty family because half the stuff isn't even labeled right, a 1996 250SX, a 1981/82 250R tank listed as a 250ES tank, and it was rust free and 100$, clearly they don't know the value of any of it. Just such a lousy situation overall, but there's nothing I can do aside from think of him from time to time...

jrwebb8324 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I’ve been off here for quite awhile, and this was the first post I read. Terribly sorry to hear this. I do recognize his user name. Rough situation, but I guarantee he appreciates everything you was doing for him, even the phone calls mean a lot. Keep your head up and know he took comfort in having a real friend in you DC.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jrwebb8324 View Post
    I’ve been off here for quite awhile, and this was the first post I read. Terribly sorry to hear this. I do recognize his user name. Rough situation, but I guarantee he appreciates everything you was doing for him, even the phone calls mean a lot. Keep your head up and know he took comfort in having a real friend in you DC.
    It means allot to mean that you replied with that, thank you!

I so wanted to build him a couple trikes, instead I just have some of his parts, it's heartbreaking.

I still want to know what happened, and have some people I plan to talk to. Regardless, I've now lost "TANKS" Roy Coe and Ryan (fat shady), and John (Fabiodriven) moved away. All 3 of those guys are the most solid people I was lucky to have even known in this world of crap. It's really changed things around here and I miss them all dearly.

Take care my friend...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //