//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Steering help!

--

Unhappy Steering help!

so I have myself a bit of an issue
    I was helping my bestfriend with completing the three wheeler "rat rod" he was trying to finish for his son shortly before he passed...
    but i couldnt simply walk away from it and let it get either sold or forgotten so i convinced his mother to allow me to finish it...but im stuck

when i try to turn it acts like the tires are fighting eachother and it just WILL NOT turn, im used to 2 and 4 wheels so im not exactly experienced in the 3 wheelworld
    anyone care to explain this to me?
    ive researched it but nothing seems to show the same problem im having

this is a completely custom job so i can't give much information about the bike other than its a slammed ratted out chopper/3 wheeler

--
    It's great that your trying to finish a project for your friends son, however this sounds like one of those "ya lets just throw a motorcycle or dirt bike front end on an old three wheeler thats missing the original front end" If this is the case then i wish u good luck. It'll never steer correctly or if it partially does steer it'd be a dangerous machine and it will or could seriously hurt the rider. Yup no thanks. Not enough ground contact or weight contacting the ground with a skinny bike tire.
    So is this what your trying to Finish?
    This is just my opinion but i "think" most here would agree. I wasn't going to post on this but i've read a few attempted builds of this type here and to my recollection they never end well.

shep

--
    Why don't you try posting some pictures. Maybe that will hep some?

--
    Throw some dumbbells on the forks

--------------------------
    1983 Honda 250R
    1985 Honda 350X
    --------------------------

--
    it is actually the opposite of that...it was a minibike that has a live axle attached to the back with 10" wide gokart tires, the front tire is from a 125cc dirt bike, it has a set of 28" forks on the front.

I understand the project sounds silly but it means alot to me

so would i have to somehow make the rear axle like a Detroit lock/limited slip?

i will post pics in the morning sorry its taken so long for me to reply

--
    Pics would definitely help. Gokart tires hmmm, if they are small enough (circumference) go down to your local town barn (ask first) and find some large PVC pipe cut to length, deflate tires a bit/ insert pvc/ re-inflate- Then the back end(rear) will do the turning-(fun) ON PAVEMENT. Thats all i got going forward in this thread.

shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 06-23-2022 at 12:44 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //