//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 Big red 250es starting problems

--

Cool 1985 Big red 250es starting problems

Hello all.
    Long story short, I dig this machine out of a yard and it had been sitting for 20 years. Replaced the Cdi with a Chinese one (about all I could find), cleaned carb, replaced fluids and we were off and running. Fast forward to now.

I’ve replaced the clutch one way bearing, starter reduction gear, cleaned carb extensively, new battery, etc.

So for a while it was running awesome no issues starting. It seems like after I replaced the one way clutch bearing it’s an absolute nightmare to start. And every now and then the kickstart lever will about break my ankle because it wants to stop when I’m trying to kick it

It’s like every other 4th kick it tries to start. And sometimes I’ll get lucky and it will. Then it runs fines. And will mostly idle. Slight pop on decel.

Also my neutral light will randomly flicker on as well when going through the gears

I’m just about at a loss with this thing. Part of my thinking it may be some electrical issue. It’s almost like I can tell when it’s going to start. I’ll kick it and get absolutely nothing then all the sudden I kick down and it pops like it’s going to start.

Hopefully someone can provide some insight. Thank you in advance

--
    I would make sure you are getting good connection on the neutral safety switch on the bottom right side of the engine.

--
    Yes the neutral safety and the main fuse , which is located next to the CDI box and starter relay . Also the ignition switch on these are known to get bad connections.
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //