//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Caterpillar excavator

--
    NICE!! I knew it would fire right up, glad you got it running after forking out that cash.

Looks like the little guy bought the same truck as mine...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--

Caterpillar excavator

Yup, AJ loves his truck- although the clutch slave cylinder gave out on his way home a couple wks ago- but all is good now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shep1970; 08-13-2022 at 06:42 PM.

--
    You mean you didn't teach him how to shift without a clutch?? How dare you call yourself a father That TACO is in super nice shape, hard to find like that these days. Mine "use to" look just like it.

That excavator is the balls, you'd be surprised how well you can lever ground with just that bucket, let alone you can stick Pelosi in the bucket and dig to China. Who needs a loader? Level the machine, curl the bucket and rotate away!

I'm about ready to start the new shop, wanna come help lay down some concrete?? Don't worry, I'm ordering a it, otherwise we'd need about 300 80lb bags...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Nice excavator! 20 ton machine that is really well built. I am looking at one now auction house has an $18,500 reserve on it-has under 4000 hours supposedly.

--
    So far so good everything except a blown track adjuster seal no blown hoses (yet) engine doesnt have any bad noises. We ran the machine for about 3hrs the past wk end really only in one spot due to track adjuster seal and waiting couple wks for cooler weather to deal w/that.
    Picked up the thumb brace last wk end the old owner found it so thats good. Still need to get the other spare bucket that has almost new teeth it is just burried in thorn bushes at the moment we'll wait til fall to get it.
    I like that this machine is just old enough that theres not much if any computer controlled stuff and basic emissions stuff.

blown seal-pic
    A buddy that knows these machines thats helping insists the track adj seal can be replaced without splitting the track so we will see....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shep1970; 08-28-2022 at 05:55 PM.

--
    7700 is average hours. That is one heck of a shovel there bud. I've been saving batteries for years and now have more than I can use.. If I had more time I would grab some solar panels and build a bank.. For all flooded batteries Pop the caps off, top off with distilled water. Using a 200-300 amp jump charger or much more preferably a small welder. Jump the cells back to life. There is much more to it than that, but with a welder it is literally a under 10 minute process. I have yet to find a battery I couldn't save except one that the post was broken out of. This process simply fries the sulfation
    off the cells and reintroduces it back into the acid. The first handful I did, I thought, well, they will decalcify and die. Not one has went backwards. Greatest hack ever. Most of these are in diesel tractors that may not be run a half a year at a time. Also daily driver trucks and vans. Sorry for the rant. I don't want any of my 3WW buddies to ever need to buy another battery again. Shep,, I don't know how, but if you can do something to preserve the seals on those hydraulic cylinders ,,do. Some of them are a lil heavy to deal with and will almost surely start puking oil .IDK if cleaning the cylinder rod chrome and WD or something would help the seals? I just don't know except you will probably be dealing with it sooner than later. Maybe changing out the hydraulic oil now would buy a little time, but that aint cheap either and you'll be in there once one blows anyhow. At any rate, what a great gift. Wow.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    7700 is average hours. That is one heck of a shovel there bud. I've been saving batteries for years and now have more than I can use.. If I had more time I would grab some solar panels and build a bank.. For all flooded batteries Pop the caps off, top off with distilled water. Using a 200-300 amp jump charger or much more preferably a small welder. Jump the cells back to life. There is much more to it than that, but with a welder it is literally a under 10 minute process. I have yet to find a battery I couldn't save except one that the post was broken out of. This process simply fries the sulfation
    off the cells and reintroduces it back into the acid. The first handful I did, I thought, well, they will decalcify and die. Not one has went backwards. Greatest hack ever. Most of these are in diesel tractors that may not be run a half a year at a time. Also daily driver trucks and vans. Sorry for the rant. I don't want any of my 3WW buddies to ever need to buy another battery again. Shep,, I don't know how, but if you can do something to preserve the seals on those hydraulic cylinders ,,do. Some of them are a lil heavy to deal with and will almost surely start puking oil .IDK if cleaning the cylinder rod chrome and WD or something would help the seals? I just don't know except you will probably be dealing with it sooner than later. Maybe changing out the hydraulic oil now would buy a little time, but that aint cheap either and you'll be in there once one blows anyhow. At any rate, what a great gift. Wow.
    This is fantastic info

Thanks

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //