//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New ATC owner in California

--

New ATC owner in California

Hi everyone, I just purchased a 1983 Honda ATC 200 and I'm looking for help identifying the model suffix so I can find compatible parts. I want to install a rear rack and trailer hitch so I can tow a small ATV trailer on my property, but I can't seem to figure out whether this is a 200M, 200S, 200 "big red" or ????

Here is a picture - I can also PM the VIN if you know how to decode it.

What parts from other models/years are compatible?

Specifically looking for the front & rear racks and a trailer hitch. Would also be nice to get the headlight and kill switch. Right now there is a DIY switch.

Thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-2444.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	309.8 KB 
ID:	269614

--
    Regarding the VIN, I found this website: https://www.atvstyle.com/atv-vin-num...code-your-vin/

My digits 4-8 are TB05, and it says:

TB05 ATC 200 B-D / EC-D / XD-H / SE-G / ME-F / ESE-F

What does this mean??

--
    If I had to guess, I would say that there is no suffix letter. I believe that you have a 1983 ATC200. That would be the last year of that model and the only one that had front suspension.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say that there is no suffix letter. I believe that you have a 1983 ATC200. That would be the last year of that model and the only one that had front suspension.
    Cool thanks, that would make sense but unfortunately means I'm having an even harder time finding parts What parts would be compatible between this -200 and the others? Do "big red" parts fit? Specifically asking about the rear rack and headlight for now..

Where could I find an exploded diagram and/or part numbers for all the parts on my trike?

--
    Welcome aboard. It may be easier to slightly modify a rack for another machine to fit.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //