//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Newb Question...Honda 200S

--

Question Newb Question...Honda 200S

Hi folks,
    New to the forum and also owning my first 3 wheeler. I purchased a 1984 Honda 200S about 2 yrs ago, I've done some basic maintenance (oil change, spark plug replacement, air filter replacement) and everything was working fine until about a week or so ago.

Issue: I turn it on and idles just fine after about 5 minutes I give it some gas and it stalls. Right before it started doing this I did have it running and it felt like when I gave it gas out on the road it would hesitate. Eventually I hit the brakes and immediately it died. Eventually, I got it to start again but was a real pain to get it back in gear without shutting off.

Been trying to see what I can find on the web of anyone else running into similar issues and people are saying it's the carb that needs cleaning (jets). If this is the issue is there any way this can be avoided? Or is this one of those things that comes along with the territory, when it comes to owning a 38 yr. old machine.

Any ideas? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

Pete

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Man1218 View Post
    Hi folks,
    New to the forum and also owning my first 3 wheeler. I purchased a 1984 Honda 200S about 2 yrs ago, I've done some basic maintenance (oil change, spark plug replacement, air filter replacement) and everything was working fine until about a week or so ago.

Issue: I turn it on and idles just fine after about 5 minutes I give it some gas and it stalls. Right before it started doing this I did have it running and it felt like when I gave it gas out on the road it would hesitate. Eventually I hit the brakes and immediately it died. Eventually, I got it to start again but was a real pain to get it back in gear without shutting off.

Been trying to see what I can find on the web of anyone else running into similar issues and people are saying it's the carb that needs cleaning (jets). If this is the issue is there any way this can be avoided? Or is this one of those things that comes along with the territory, when it comes to owning a 38 yr. old machine.

Any ideas? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

Pete
    Hi welcome to 3 wheeler world. Sounds like you need to clean the carb out and possibly clean the gas tank out. Id replace the fuel filter too. That should help keep dirt and crap from getting into your carb.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //