//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 86 200x gold valve

--

86 200x gold valve

I am in the process of rebuilding my front forks and thought about trying out the gold valves, but i see they don’t list them for the 200x. I called and asked about using xr200 valves but they weren’t sure.
    So has anyone tried this or have a part number of one they used.
    Thanks

--
    The 200X has 33mm forks. What that's lacking is the inside diameter, but the Yamaha YZ80 83-92 also uses 33mm forks.

Another thing is the 200X uses damper rods, not cartridges. The Gold Valves are for cartridge forks. What you need are the emulators from Race Tech, which are for damper rod forks.

https://www.racetech.com/page/title/Emulators
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Yeah i was looking at the racetech gold valve emulators but they don’t list anything for the 200x and weren’t much help on any direction. I may just have to try the yz80 ones like you said and see.
    Thanks for the input

--
    You could try calling Race Tech to see what they may have or could do. It's not a very popular machine (for them). Theyt may be able to help, but just don't bother to list anything for a 200X on their web site.

--
    In the link that I posted, honest to God, there's a clickable link right there in the middle of the page for, and I quote, "Emulator Fitting Requirements for Models not listed in the Product Search".
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //