//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Reviving a 110

Footy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Reviving a 110

The 1983 110 that I have was given to me by a childhood friend. He got it for Christmas when we were 12. He rode it for about 5 years then got a 350X. his dad kept it to use on the property. Eventually his dad bought a gator and the old 110 sat for many years. I have finally gotten around to working on it. I have it running now, It idles ok and the gears all shift properly but something is still off with the carb. I have been using a clamp on air filter and I think that might be contributing to the issue. I do plan on buying an OEM style filter for the airbox and I am hoping that it will run better with that setup. It has a weird exhaust system that I have never seen before. It is labeled as "Pro pipe". My guess is that it was from JC Whitney as they were a popular source for parts way back then. If anyone has jetting tips for this model let me know. That might be what this little trike needs.
    Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5149.jpg   IMG_4701.jpg  
    Last edited by Footy; 07-22-2022 at 08:08 AM.
    Put your butt on the inside fender or end up on the ground!

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    I have no clue, but it was nice to see JC Whitney in print again, I haven't thought of them in years, I fondly remember the black and white pages and the hand drawn pictures of the parts they sold. pretty cool.
    just a guess, could it be an early pro circuit pipe ( name change) IDK. It looks like a quality unit. There were a lot of mom and pop local aftermarket pipes and accessories back in the day, it could be something like that.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    It will need the stock air box setup to run correctly .
    That’s a new one for me on that exhaust .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    I cleaned up all of the stock pieces for the airbox and intake. When the new oem airfilter arrives I will put it all together and see how it runs.

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    How far did you go with the carb cleaning? Just spray or did you soak it in actual carb cleaner with a basket? If not, it's probably all gunked-up with varnish in one of the circuits from sitting all those years.

--
    I sonicated it in purple power and then again with zylene.

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

--
    I'm familiar with both products, but have never used either of them for cleaning a carb, so I have no idea if they're adequate or not. I'm sort of old-school. I've only used the gallon-size containers of carb cleaner with the basket, and just let them soak for a good day or so, so it can dissolve all that varnish within those tiny circuits. It's always worked for me. My experience with a trike, or anything with a carb, that doesn't idle properly, is that it always has something to do with some type of fuel issue. I suppose the timing could be off some, or a valve isn't closing properly, but more often than not, it's usually fuel related. That's my experience. That clamp-on air filter is still a piece of foam, isn't it? If you take it off and run the trike, is the carb issue still there?

You never really said if you have an idle problem, or if the engine is failing to respond properly with increased throttle.
    I started on 3 wheels and I'll die on 3 wheels

--
    It will idle. Does not want to rev out completely. I have not had time to get back to this in the past week or so. When I get the air box and new filter installed I will report back.

TRX450ER
    ATC250SX
    ATC350X
    ATC110
    ATC185S
    XR100R
    CRF230F
    Raptor 125
    Breeze 125
    Grizzly700

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //